It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2004, 12:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Greenoctopus18 HB User
What does breast pain in pregnancy feel like?

For the past few days I have had an incredibly sore right breast.

I am almost 21 and have not been sexually active since mid-September. I take the pill continuously, so I haven't had a period since the end of September - it was short and light - 1-2 days, but it varies a lot each month.

I hadn't even suspected pregnancy until now.. and only because I have no idea what else it could be.

There is a lump and when it is pressed or any pressure at all it sends pain through the entire breast and a sharp shooting pain that seems to come out the nipple. Also, sometimes it feels as though it is burning and hot. It sometimes feels like a cramp. That is a really bad description of the feeling, but it is hard to explain.

The left breast has some hardness to it this morning, but it is not painful.

I really don't know what it is and I don't think it is like I would imagine the sore breasts during pregnancy would feel like, but I just thought I would check.
Also, they would have been sore before now, wouldn't they? Or is now when that symptom begins?

I do have exams - last one today - so I know I have been stressed as my stomach has had weird feelings like I usually get during exams... but this is not something I think would be caused from stress? But I don't know.

I have to go home tomorrow so I will call the doctor when they are opened this morning and see if I can get checked out some time after the exam today and see what they think.

Thanks for any replies before then.

Could someone please describe what sort of pain you have during pregnancy? Is it just like the pain you get before a period, only worse. Or is it like this sharp pain in the nipple? and only one breast?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2004, 01:16 PM   #2

snowmonkie HB User
Re: What does breast pain in pregnancy feel like?

When I found out i was first pregnant, which I am 9 weeks along now. I noticed my breasts the viens were really visible. Than they grew like two cup sizes and than they started to hurt. Like my breast nipples felt like they were almost sunburned? when I would put a T-shrt on, it just hurt. Than my stomach started to feel like really little tight cramps. And it felt like it was full, not in my stomach but in my abdomen. I also had the same problem as you, My periods were really off so me and my husband didn't know I was pregnant until like two weeks ago. Its a surprise and kind of exciting. But it's worth it. Good Luck. Just take a pregnany test if your not sure.

Old 11-21-2004, 01:17 PM   #3

snowmonkie HB User

What I also do, is get rid of your old bras, lol I know and go to a sports bra. I don't know why but they are much more comfortable. Also what was wierd because my nipples hurt so bad from rubbing against the shirt, I put a ban-aid over them. I know it sounds retarded but it felt much better. I also noticed that ice works good too.

Old 11-21-2004, 07:18 PM   #4
(female)

lilalegna HB User

i also only have that swollen painful feeling in my right breast. it always has been more sensitive than my left one, but this time it is really harder and bigger than normal. my left one almost has no tenderness at all. my cycles usually run 32-34 dyas and now im on day 44. i took a preg test and it was neg, and i went to the doctor and their urine test was also negative. so now my husband and i are playing the waiting game. i've also been extraordinarily emotional.. like i was watching americas funniest home videos and we saw a baby making really funny faces, so i was laughing until tears were coming, and then i started to cry for real, like sobbing and sad... talk about mood swing, ive never had one so strong before. maybe it's my period working on me extra hard cause it's so late, or maybe im pregnant, oh well, sorry to babble on. i hope everything works out for you. have a wonderful evening

Closed Thread