It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2004, 07:55 PM   #1
Inactive

Regina21 HB User
Unhappy Pain when I stand up? what's wrong?

For the past day in a half i've been having to get up really slowly. Not because my pansa is big cuz i'm only 17 weeks, but i'm finding that when I sit for a period of time and then stand up I have to do it slowly. Like when trying to stand up straight i feel pain in my lower abdomen. Not an intense cramping pain, but like if something is sitting there to cause pressure or something of course stretching. Is something wrong or is it my uterus stretching? Getting bigger? I dunno what's going on and the fact that I think something might be wrong is freaking me out.

Old 11-23-2004, 08:09 PM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: Pain when I stand up? what's wrong?

I would say call your doctor just to be safe but to me it sounds normal. Maybe pressure from the baby. maybe your carrying really low. Our bodies go through such major changes. Like I said I though I would call your doctor. If I get owrried about something during the day I call the nurse if its at night I call the hospital and ask to speak to the og nurse. They are always very helpful and theve heard this from many pg ladies before. I use to think they thought I was dumb for calling all the time but its not true if its not me or you calling its just someone else plus you always feel better talking to a professional.
I would just rest and take it easy if you still hurt call them.

Last edited by mommaboyz; 11-23-2004 at 08:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2004, 08:28 PM   #3
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

It's ligaments or the baby is lying on a nerve. I have had a few that could bring me to my knee's. Your ligaments stretch and pull and become sore especially when the baby gets bigger but still has room to move around. It gets a bit better once they are too big to move, then you'll feel pressure really low on your pelvic bone. As long as your not having a discharge or bleeding, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Old 11-24-2004, 03:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User

sound like round ligament stretching.. it's normal but always report it to your dr.

Old 11-29-2004, 01:50 PM   #5
(female)

MomInApril HB User

Oh gosh - I just started experiencing what you described this afternoon. The SAME exact thing you described. I am 19 weeks pregnant when I stand up it feels like there is something heavy pressing down from the inside. Then it's achy when I walk or lift up my legs. It seems like the 'pain' (it doesn't really *hurt*) goes away after a bit, but I can still feel the pressure.

I know for a fact that I am carrying very low. Hopefully that is all this can be attributed to ... along with the normal feelings of pregnancy. I don't have any bleeding or irregular discharge. Do you?

I called my doctor's office - but of course they're not taking anymore messages today unless it's an emergency. This is my first baby, and I am not scheduled to go in for my next appointment till Monday. So I will probably call back anyway - emergency or not. I am not thrilled with my OBGYN!

Old 11-29-2004, 02:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Hi- I went to the ER for that exact thing. It turned out to be round ligament pain. The doctor explained that it was the muscles surrounding the uterus, and that they were stretching. He also said that some women get it, and some don't, and it can be very painful, like in my case. But, I have to say, a week later it was gone, and never returned. I was told to take tylenol, and lay down with my feel up when it acted up (as if you had to twist my arm). Feel better soon!
Carrie

Old 11-29-2004, 03:23 PM   #7
Inactive

Regina21 HB User

Thank you all for your advise. It's my first pregnancy and of course when I feel something a little not right I panic. Everything is knew to me so I thank you all for your words.

Old 11-30-2004, 11:09 AM   #8
(female)

MomInApril HB User

Regina - you sound just like me. It's my first too, and anytime something seems weird I tend to freak out at first. A friend today told me too, that it is probably round ligament pain. And it eased up a great deal last night and it doesn't hurt so much today - so I am going to play it by ear and unless it gets worse, I'll just mention it to the doctor when I go on Monday.

It's great to be able to discuss this stuff with other women in the same boat!

Old 12-02-2004, 06:56 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

I have the same problem. My doc told me to get one of those pregnancy belt things...they are for support. I wear one almost every day (some days are better than others), and it really helps. You can find them for pretty cheap (usually around $20) at most maternity stores. GOOD LUCK!!

Old 12-06-2004, 04:13 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

I have experienced that too but as some of you may know l am only just under 6 weeks pregnant. l have to get out of bed really slowly and sit down slowly and stand up slowly, gee's im gonna be a right sight at work ! I mean this is only my first trimester ! l am such a worrier though! Hope it goes well for you all xxx

Closed Thread