It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2004, 07:03 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User
Pain on left side??...8 weeks pg!

I'll be 8 weeks on Sunday and today I started experencing a sharp stabbing like pain on my left side about 2 inches across from my belly button. It doesn't last for long and it comes and goes thru out the day. The pain level isn't all that bad I'd have to say about a 2 or 3. Has anyone experencied this and if so what is it? Should I get really concerned or wait it out awhile and see what happens? Thanks

Old 11-25-2004, 07:08 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: Pain on left side??...8 weeks pg!

You may poop soon. lol You get constipated while pregnant sometimes. The vitamins will make it harder to have a Bowel Movement. Drink lots of water to help out a bit. You may find yourself getting gas alot too. All the joys of motherhood huh?? It's well worth it though! Congrats on your pg.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2004, 08:03 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

Yea I defintley know what the constipation is like I've been suffering from it already, but I don't think thats the problem now. I went 2 times today so surely I'm not bound up. I know I hard some serious pains all through out my stomach tuesday night, but it was from gas built up it was a much different pain from this tho! I haven't had any of the pains in my left side for about 2 hours now so I'm hopin it was nothing just maybe muscle stretching or something! Thanks for the reply tho!!

Old 11-26-2004, 06:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

It could be your uterus stretching. I had that a lot in the begining where I thought I was ovulating, that kind of pain only on one side. All else fails go see a doctor or go to the E.R. Good luck!

Old 11-26-2004, 10:01 AM   #5
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Hello Im going through this same thing too. Mine didnt start until yesterday sometime. Its on and off it can be very painful though. It seems like I remember going through this during another pg before. So I do believe its all normal. If mine persists I will call the doctor just becouse you never know.

Old 11-26-2004, 06:36 PM   #6

JesterGirl HB User

I'm 8 weeks pg as well and feeling the same thing so I'm sure it's normal. I've heard that it's our uterus stretching/ligament pains and that a sharp or shooting pain is normal. I had one so badly today that I doubled over, but thankfully it lasted only a second. This is my first pregnancy, so it is definitely scary to have all these strange feelings going on and wondering constantly if everything is OK. I guess we all need to just hang in there and think positive thoughts for our little beans.

Old 11-27-2004, 06:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

As I say often, call your doctor just to let the doctor know that this is happening. It's the doctor's job to evaluate the potential for trouble. At 8 weeks, any tubal pregnancy should have made itself painfully obvious a couple of weeks ago, so that is not likely to be the problem. Still, your doctor cannot keep you and your baby safe if you don't tell him/her everything.

Wishing you well! Barbara

Old 11-27-2004, 06:37 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

~PJ~ HB User

I was going to say the same I had they same symptoms your describing on my left side at 7/8 weeks sometimes so bad I'd be doubled over, but as sure as my dr was that it was just ligament stretching he sent me for an u/s just to be on the safe side He was right!

Closed Thread