It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2004, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

Cadesmom HB User
Red face Bleeding for 5 weeks- just found out I'm pregnant.

I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant even though I have had a 5 week period. I think I am about 2 months now if I count back to my previous period. I know something must be wrong. I am in the middle of figuring it out with my doctor but the waiting is hard. This morning he did an ultrasound and he couldn't find anything in the uterus. He says it's still too early to tell if the pregnancy is ok or not. I don't know how the pregnancy could be ok if there is nothing in my uterus. My suspicion is an ectopic pregnancy. Does anyone have any experience with any of these symptoms? I would really appreciate any thoughts or past experiences you might have.

Old 12-02-2004, 02:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Re: Bleeding for 5 weeks- just found out I'm pregnant.

Hi Cadesmom -

An eptopic is unmistakable. On U/S the sac can be visualized in a fallopian tube, but the most common symptom is extreme abdominal pain with a positive pregancy test. The pain is due to the pregnancy stretching the tube. Like appendicitis, the pain doesn't go away. Also like appendicitis, if you try to tough it out, the tube will eventually rupture and that is a surgical emergency. Infection and blood loss are the dangers. Sadly, there's still no way to save the baby when it's in the tube.

Some women bleed off and on through their pregnancy due to a low implantation of the placenta. Maybe that's what is happening with you.

Hope all is well - Barbara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2004, 02:39 PM   #3
(female)

Cadesmom HB User

Thank you Barbara.
I don't have any pain.
Now I see why my doctor said "but you aren't having any pain" when I suggested ectopic pregnancy.
Still, I thought there was a possibility of it.
Now I'm not feeling that way so much.
Thanks for that explanation.

Old 12-02-2004, 02:51 PM   #4
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Hello I dont have an aswer for you but still wanted to say hope it all turns out well for you and baby.

Old 12-02-2004, 03:20 PM   #5
(female)

Cadesmom HB User

Thank you. That is so nice.

Old 12-02-2004, 03:21 PM   #6
(female)

Mary0114 HB User
Exclamation Re: Bleeding for 5 weeks- just found out I'm pregnant.

Cadesmom:

Please go see another doctor right away. You shouldn't be bleeding for 5 weeks straight. A little brown blood, maybe, but not for 5 weeks. Don't wait. If you have an ectopic pregnancy, you could die if you wait. Please, please, please go to another doctor NOW!

Old 12-02-2004, 03:25 PM   #7
(female)

Mary0114 HB User
Exclamation Re: Bleeding for 5 weeks- just found out I'm pregnant.

I just tried posting, but it didn't work.

PLEASE SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR NOW. If you are bleeding alot, it is not normal. A little brown blood, spotting, is normal. but not bleeding for 5 weeks. Did the doctor hear a heartbeat? PLEASE SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR. An ectopic could be very serious if that's what it is. You could hemorrage and that could have serious consequences. Please don't hesitate. See another doctor NOW!

Old 12-02-2004, 03:30 PM   #8

grass HB User

Hi,
I'm not sure what happens in your case, but I'm writing because I had exactly the same thing. I'm almost 13 weeks, I've been having bleeding since the beginning of pregnancy, more like spotting, or bleeding, but daily! I've been at home for a month now (my Dr. only told me to stay home when I was about 9 wks, I think early in pregnancy they let the nature choose its course). Today I actually found out the exact cause for my bleeding, in my case is subchorionic hematoma (the placenta detaches a little and that's why bleeding occurs). Actually there's a blood clot in the place the placenta is not attached. The doctor told me that usually it reattaches itself, but it takes a while. He wasn't too concerned. I myself had some bad bleedings (gush) a few times..... it seems to slow down now, I'm just hoping everything will turn out ok.
This might be one of the possibilities.... or maybe not. It's best to check with a dr. I hope everything turns out ok.

Last edited by grass; 12-02-2004 at 03:31 PM.

Old 12-02-2004, 03:42 PM   #9
(female)

Cadesmom HB User

I really think that it is not ectopic (although my doctor has not ruled it out yet) since I am not experiencing any pain at all.
I am trying to learn more about 'implantation of the placenta in the uterus'. I don't know what this is, but it looks like this is another probable cause of the bleeding. Grass, is that what you have? Is that the same as 'subchorionic hematoma'? I am not just spotting- I am having a normal period although sometimes it is kind of light. I am going for another blood test in the morning to find out if my hormone levels are going up. Yesterday they were in the 3900 level and my doctor says they should be in the 5,000 level tomorrow. So I can't wait to find out what's going to happen.

Old 12-02-2004, 03:50 PM   #10

grass HB User

Yes, that is what I have, subchorionic hematoma. I've red online that tihs happens when the placenta forms, and you start bleeding and a blood clot forms under the placenta...... not sure myself.. I've been having bleeding (red, brown, slowed down, then starting again with a gush...), but it wasn't red bleeding non-stop, it was some days red, some days brown. If it's all the time red, than I don't know, I'm not sure if this can happen with this SCH. I just started myself reading online more about it, I even found some posts and it seems that lots of women have this.
I didn't have any pain either, but lots of bleeding.

Last edited by grass; 12-02-2004 at 03:52 PM.

Old 12-03-2004, 03:45 PM   #11
(female)

Cadesmom HB User

I just found out what is wrong.
I have one of 2 things:
1. ectopic pregnancy or
2. impending miscarriage.
Kind of stressful but I'm glad to know now what is going on.
Just thought I would let you guys know and thank you for the info.
Good luck to all of you.

Closed Thread