It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2004, 02:56 AM   #1
(female)

manxlass HB User
Red face 11 wks pregnant but no baby on ultrasound!!!

Hi Guys, is anyone able to shed a bit of light on my problem or have experienced something similar?? Its 12 weeks since my last period, its been confirmed by the hospital that im pregnant which im delighted over. the thing is ive been to africa within those 12 wks and taken maleria tablets! although the doctor tells me not to worry over it i cant help but worry. ive have 5 blood tests within 4 weeks and my hormone level continues to rise as it should! but nothing appears on my ultrasound! i was admitted to hospital with a suspected eptopic (tubal) pregnancy but they found my tubes were clear. 2 wks ago i had another scan and there was something in my womb, they couldnt confirm that it was definatley a gestational sack and have asked me to come back on 21st Dec for another ultra sound. they say that its possible my baby isnt growing properley as im 100 % sure over my dates, (they say you should be able to see the embryo at 5 weeks) if you go by the hospital dates it would have been conceived via immauculate conception as i starved my boyfriend of any sex while waiting for my period and that was nearly 3 wks!! has this happened to anyone else and has all turned out fine, im just praying that its hiding somewhere and next week a 12 wk baby will appear on the monitor!!

Old 12-15-2004, 05:11 AM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: 11 wks pregnant but no baby on ultrasound!!!

I cant really say for sure but I would think that if they thought something else was wrong they would try and find out now not wait a few more weeks. I cant say dont worry becouse I would worry too. I hope all is well and I think if it were me I would just call the doctor and say hey flat out is this a normal pg or not? Goos luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2004, 06:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Did they do an abdominal or transvaginal ultrasound? On an abdominal, they might not be able to see anything, but a transvaginal they should. They can see the sack at about 5 weeks. I had a transvaginal at 9 weeks and we could clearly see a little bean in there. Can you insist on an earlier appointment or another opinion? If you are 12 weeks, they should definitely be able to find the baby in there.

Old 12-15-2004, 07:39 PM   #4
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

There is also something called a molar pregnancy, where you have a positive test, all the symptoms, but no baby. Check it out in search engine or search on here. I'm not too sure what it's all about, but I did read about it in my What to Expect book. I hope all's well with you!
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Old 12-15-2004, 09:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

Best wishes to you! I hope everything works out. Keep us posted.

Old 12-17-2004, 02:25 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

I don't want to scare you, but I just went thru something like this. I was 10 weeks 2 days and I had the yolk sac and no fetus inside. My ob/gyn said my body absorbed the fetus and it looked like the fetus was gone for awhile. Are you having any spotting or light bleeding? I thought all was well with me till I started to have light bleeding and a heavy brown discharge and went to be checked out. I was still having the morning sickness, idigestion and all other pregnancy symptoms. My pregnancy hormone level was still rising like it should have, but there was no fetus just the sac. I read that sometimes the fetus doesn't even form or stops growin early on and thats why they can't detect anything. I pray that this isn't the case with you and all is well, but if not I know where you are coming from. My ob/gyn said I could have a D&C done to get the sac and everything out or I could let it abort on its own. I tried to let it abort, but it didn't happen. I ended up hemoragging with the sac still in place and had to be rushed in for an emergency D & E. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated and if this is the case maybe we can discuss this matter together!!!

Old 12-18-2004, 12:16 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Isaiah
There is also something called a molar pregnancy, where you have a positive test, all the symptoms, but no baby. Check it out in search engine or search on here. I'm not too sure what it's all about, but I did read about it in my What to Expect book. I hope all's well with you!
I agree. I had a molar pregnancy last year, but they determined it when I was right around 6 or 7 weeks. Basically, something implants, and you have the symptoms, but then for some reason, nothing ever grows. Oddly, my sac grew but the baby didnt. I dont know if that is what you would have. Cause I would think that if you were really 12 wks, they would see pretty much everyhing cause by then, babies actually start to look like little people- sort of.
Im sorry for the stress, and I hope everything works out for you.

Closed Thread