It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2004, 12:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Exclamation What were your temps like following succesful implantation but before expected AF day

Hi, Sorry about all the questions...again, I know I am still TTC and posting on the pregnancy boards but it's only women who have charted their temps and had success TTC that will be able to answer my question. OK. I have been charting for 3 cycles and am curious what changes you noticed in your temps on the month you conceived in comparison to previous cycles...I know temps stay elevated, but can you give me any more feedback...the reason I am asking is because usually the cycle day that I am on now, but in previous cycles I have had 2 complete peaks (an elevation and decrease in temp...that kind looks like a mountain peak) and have started the increase for the 3rd peak, then right after the 4th peak I always get AF...but as of today I have only had one complete peak and haven't gotten a decrease in temps for the second peak, I am roughly 2-3 days behind schedule for my temp peaks...AF is due on the 22 or 23rd at the latest and I still have 2 1/2 peaks to chart if she is coming at all...I'm starting to think this may be the month considering how different my temps are compared to the first 2 cycles. They aren't much higher but the first 2 months were like clockwork and for this month to not be showing anything close in relation to the usual peaks I chart, I am beginning to think that the Robitussin worked!!!!
Keep blowing that baby dust my way, and cross your fingers and toes...thanks for answering all my silly questions...you all have been so wonderful with filling me in on things I'm not sure about, I didn't chart at all for baby #1 so this is all new to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2004, 10:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Re: What were your temps like following succesful implantation but before expected AF day

Hi again, just thought I'd bump this and see if I get any replies...the wait is killing me and hearing some of your feedback will definately help.

Old 12-18-2004, 08:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User
Re: What were your temps like following succesful implantation but before expected AF day

If you've already charted 2 complete cycles, you should know the exact date af is due. Just count the number of days from o to af in previous cycles. That number of days should stay consistent from cycle to cycle, no matter how many total number of days your cycle is.

There really is no pattern to temps after o, whether pregnant or not. The only pattern is that temps before o are generally low, and temps after o are generally high. Some women claim to see an implantation dip about 3-7 dpo, but lots of women get a similar dip when they aren't pregnant. Some women claim their chart goes triphasic after implantation (a second rise in temps), but lots of women get a similar triphasic pattern when they aren't pregnant.

The sad truth is, much as I am a fan of charting, there is really no way of knowing from your chart whether you are pregnant until the 2ww is up. The only way to be sure is to wait until af is due and take a test. The wait is sooo hard! We've all been there and it's enough to make you crazy!

When is af due? When are you planning on testing? Let us know and we'll wait with you! Just so you know, I've never had much luck with the very expensive "4 days before your period is due" tests, but I've heard lots of good things about dollar store tests. With the holidays coming up, that should help your 2ww pass a little faster. Plus, if you get a bfp you can put the test in dh's stocking for Christmas!

Good luck- I hope this is it for you!

Old 12-18-2004, 02:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Lawgirl, Thanks hun. I know AF is due on the 22nd or 23rd at the latest, I more or less wanted to know if any charters noticed their temps weren't like previous cycles during the month they actually did concieve. My last 2 cycles were so similiar to each other, and this month is quite different, so I'm hoping that is a good sign. I am going to try and hold out for a couple more days and maybe test Wednesday(when AF is due)...but I am impatient so I may test earlier...I'll come post when I do. I don't think our dollar stores in Canada sell pregnancy tests, I'm going to have to check but I'm almost positive they don't. We found out we were expecting with our first baby on December 23rd, three years ago and I was so excited I couldn't hold out until Christmas day, if I am this month I will hold out...I'm not even going to tell my sister(who is staying with us right now), and the last present my husband opens will be something to let him know we are expecting...so it will be a surprise for everyone. Well wish me luck and I'd still be interested in hearing from more on this topic if anyone has any feedback. Thanks again Lawgirl, hope the boys are behaving for you.

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 12-18-2004 at 02:14 PM.

Old 12-18-2004, 05:42 PM   #5
(female)

NewlyPregnant HB User

I have one son and just found out I am pregnant with no 2 baby, I'm four weeks gone. I charted and everything when first trying to conceive, my life was taken over and then sex became a chore, only doing the deed on certain days and no longer was it enjoyable so this month I thought, go with the flow and if it happens, it happens, no longer should I get depressed, after all the next eighteen years will be taken over by two children, something I felt could wait until someone felt the need for me to have another baby. Anyway I relaxed, sex was whenever I felt like it, never checked cervix, never did temps, all was natural. A few days ago, I started to cramp so I thought my period was coming even though they didn't feel period related, I ignored my feelings and carried on with my life, I had six pregnancy tests left over from last month and about three or four days before my period was due I started doing one every morning, first two was negative, my boobs normally hurt two weeks before my period begins but nothing this month, that kinda set me thinking. I did a test about three days before my period and I thought it was negative but it was very, very faint positive, I didn't see it at first so again the following day I did another pregnancy test, this time a line came up and I told my husband straightaway except I really wanted it to be a surprise for Christmas Day, thing was the more I tried to keep it secret, the more he guessed I was pregnant because I couldn't stop smiling. My friend who is almost seven months pregnant did my last pregnancy test to see if her line matched mine as I didn't want to get my hopes up, anyway I got more of a positve test than her, only because her hormones aren't as strong now apparently. I took both tests into Boots, explained who had done what test and the pharmacist confirmed I did indeed have a positive test, I am so thrilled, my son loves the idea of becoming a big brother. My husband is over the moon too. I guess the saying relax and getting pregnant will happen is true, I tried and then the one time I didn't try, I got pregnant, easier said then done I know, been there after all. I have my appointment for my doctor to see me in the second week in January. Best of luck ladies.

Old 12-19-2004, 07:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

This morning I went to pee right after I took my morning temp. I waited to see what the results were, after a couple minutes I looked and saw one line and said to myself, figures, just like all the rest...but then I saw...
l l ...BF faint P!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I wanted to come on here right away and tell everyone but figured DH may think something was up, and I'm going to keep this a surprise for him for Christmas day, so I layed in bed and tossed and turned, and finally he had to go play hockey so the minute he walked out the door I got on here! I am sprinkling baby dust for all you others still TTC. I really hope you have positive results soon too. Now I just have to get past the 12 week mark, I think I will be worried the whole time that I will have another miscarriage, I'm going to try not let it get to me...back of the mind kinda thought, I hope my miscarriage in August was just a one time issue and that this will be a happy healthy 9 months. Well, I may be back on tonight otherwise I will talk to you all tomorrow, I have a ton of stuff to do today so I may not be back on today.

Old 12-19-2004, 12:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhh!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

That is so exciting!!! Stay strong! Don't tell until Christmas- that will be such an AWESOME surprise!

What a nice present, too, to get your bfp so EARLY!! How are you going to tell dh? Wrap up the test, or just tell him privately? Will you be spending the day with family? Are you going to tell them all, as well, or just dh until you're a little farther along?

Congratulations again!

Old 12-19-2004, 09:16 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I am going to make a card that says,"Mommy, Daddy, and Kierra made 3..." then you open it and it will say,"and one more will be 4" and I will wrap it with the HPT and maybe a pair of baby booties or something. It will be the last present he opens. My sister and nephew are kliving with us for a while so they will be here and I haven't told them yet, I only told my 2 best friends and they know it's a surprise. I know I can do it, I found out Kierra was going to be girl 3 1/2 weeks before she was born and I only told 1 best friend. DH wanted it to be a surprise. I don't think we'll tell many people in the beginning just immediate family that knew about the miscarriage last time and they will all be told we aren't telling many just to be safe. Well, I should go I'm hungry and I want to get to bed early tonight, so I'll talk to you tomorrow. tee hee hee, I'm still in shock I think.

Closed Thread