It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2004, 06:31 PM   #1

grass HB User
Is Ensure safe during pregnancy?

I just wanted to know if any of you drinks Ensure? Is it safe? I can't eat too much and I was thinking maybe a little of Ensure once in a while would be good? (I'm just worried about too much vitamin A, E, D, etc).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2004, 07:59 PM   #2
(female)

cassandrasmommy HB User
Re: Is Ensure safe during pregnancy?

I wouldn't think it would hurt if you're not able to eat a well balanced diet. Are you taking prenatals?? My Dr always told me that in case of moring sickness and eating nothing but crackers, my prenatals would give the baby enough nutrition. But maybe you should ask your Dr and see what they say. I think that it probly wouldn't hurt, just watch that you don't gain too much weight from it. Ask for a recommended portion. As long as you're not starving yourself and using it like Slim Fast. HAHAHA. Good luck.
DD-12/12/05
DS-8/7/09

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2004, 08:11 PM   #3

grass HB User

Yes, I also take prenatal vitamins. They just don't have enough calcium (about 15% DV) but I can drink milk as suppliment. You made me feel better now, I was worried I don't get enough food, especially protein yuck! (I eat very little, because I just can't!) even though I try to have a little from each. And about the weight... I'm not worried (just YET) I gained about 4-5 lbs in my 14 1/2 wks of pregnancy. For now maybe I'll take some Ensure as Fatten fast! (not Slim fast) lol or maybe I ask my dr on the 28th when I have my app. But thank you for the post! I'm too much on this board bugging everyone (it's due to my long term bed rest)

Old 12-17-2004, 10:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

Ensure is completly safe during pregnancy. You may gain more weight from it, but it is healthy to drink.

Old 12-18-2004, 01:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Ensure is perfectly safe. As is Boost. I have never had the Boost, so I really dont know it if tastes any good.

Old 12-22-2004, 11:44 AM   #6
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

I wouldn't eat anything that is a powerpack full of vitamins. Just take your prenatals and eat normally. There are certain vitamins you can get too much of that can harm the baby.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
(female)

dueinjune HB User

I am 14 weeks pregnant and have lost about 16 or 17 pounds now...my last appt two weeks ago I was told to gain weight before my next appt and have ended up loosing two more so far. My doctor said baby was ok but sounded concerned about my weight loss. I am trying really hard to gain eating as much as i can...just cant choke down meat...or even being in the same room with someone cooking meat......uggg. Thinking of trying ensure to gain weight before my next appt. so my doc is happy.

Closed Thread