It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2004, 10:04 AM   #1

grass HB User
How does round ligament feel like?

I was just wondering how this pain feels like (round ligament), it's annoying when you are the first time pregnant and don't know anything!!! I had some cramps and pain starting in my lower belly and at the sides (in front) and sometimes it would go to the back too. Now I'm not sure what type of pain this is. I am 15 wks now, is some pain or cramps normal during pregnancy? and how much? (especially that I also have a subchorionic hematoma and I've been eliminating some old clots lately but no bleeding, which I used to have for a while before.)
God! everything stresses me!
What about Braxton Hicks contractions? do they feel any different then cramps? *confused*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2004, 10:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User
Re: How does round ligament feel like?

I don't know about the B-H contractions. I'm almost 24 weeks with twins and still haven't had any.

But round ligament pain... Yeeeeouch!
I understand that the round ligaments are ligaments that hold your uterus in place, so when your uterus grows and stretches, so do these ligaments, and that can hurt SO MUCH. I always felt it down low, below my belly button, and stretching out across the sides of my belly. For me it never felt like a cramp (if it feels like cramping, I would call a doctor, but that's just me), but more like a sore, pulled muscle in my belly. It didn't hurt when I was resting, but hurt a ton during almost any kind of movement. Stretching, sitting up, rolling over in bed, laughing, sneezing, pushing to have a bm (sorry to be graphic)... anything that you use your tummy muscles for, caused me terrible pain.

For the most part, mine has cleared up, although I can still hurt myself once in a while (usually only on my right side) if I stretch wrong, or bend wrong while putting my pants on (how embarassing is that?).

If you're concerned, call your doctor and just get a little reassurance. It's probably nothing, but I'd rather hear "It's nothing" from a doctor or nurse than from a poster on a message board! Good luck, and I hope you feel better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2004, 11:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

I had to go to the ER with these pains because I couldn't imagine it hurting that bad. For me, it was like a stabbing pain in the middle of my groin, and sometimes on the sides and back as well. I had a sono, and everything was fine. The doctor told me certain people get it worse than others. I am a first time mom here too, so I needed the comfort from my doctor, not from the internet or friends, but that's up to you as well. It also felt like a very strong gas pain. Oh well, I really hope you feel better. It pretty much went away in a few weeks, and from then, just little spurts. Hang in there.

Old 12-20-2004, 03:21 PM   #4
(female)

BEcca1978 HB User

Your pain sounds like ligaments pulling. If you feel your tummy when you get the pain and your tummy is rock hard then you know it is a BH contraction. Hope it is nothing serious.

Old 12-20-2004, 03:48 PM   #5
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

yes but when you have BH you dont halways get a hard belly I never did with any of my babies. I have that pain also thoughin my crotch lol ouch it hurts

Old 12-20-2004, 05:18 PM   #6

grass HB User

Thank you all, I wanted to call my Dr today, she's out of the city for the week. But my pain is getting better as of today. Hopefully all is ok, I have in a week a dr's appointment, I can't wait! Now I realized my dr told me some time ago that I might have cramping because of the blood clot accumulation I had. I also think sometimes is round ligament pain, it is the same feeling I had when I was little and growing up, at the sides, lower abdomen.

Old 12-21-2004, 12:04 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User

just be careful getting up and sudden movements... those roundl ligament pains are not joke. with BH your entire belly gets hard as a rock! that is a whole different type of pain. TRUST ME! i freaked out with my first BH..

Old 12-21-2004, 09:54 AM   #8
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

with bh it doesnt mean your belly will get hard every time I had them and went to the hospital a few years ago and I never got a hard belly or the tightening with them. so you could be having them without getting a rock hard stomache. Im on my 4th pg and bh feel the same to me every time.

Closed Thread