It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2004, 12:30 AM   #1
(female)

cassandrasmommy HB User
Unhappy Not So Good News

Well my brown discharge turned to RED blood and cramping I went to the Dr yesterday and he told me he has no idea whats going on. This is not MY Dr, just one that I could get to because Im away from home. What the hell do we pay them for?? He didn't even tell me what I should do............ bed rest, sex or not. I think the only reason he did an exam was because I told him to!! I told him Im moving back home Thursday and he acted like he couldn't give me advise because I'd be going to a differant Dr down there. Finally the nurse came in and suggested to him that they messure my hormone levels over the next few days. DUH!!!! I so irritated with this "Dr Stupidhead". I tried to tell him that this is what happened to me the last time I miscarried and he talked to me like I don't know my own body. Aside from the Dr being an idiot, my poor husband is a basket case. Im the one trying to talk him through this. Ive been writing in a journal to kinda understand my own feelings about this. It helps to read what Im feeling. And I think I am going to be ok, emotionally. I understand that this happened because God knew maybe something wasn't right. And that just means that it's not the time yet. And I still have the future to look forward to. My daughter and husband have been very helpful and supportive. Thank God for them.
DD-12/12/05
DS-8/7/09

Last edited by cassandrasmommy; 12-22-2004 at 12:31 AM.

Old 12-22-2004, 03:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User
Re: Not So Good News

Not to freak you out...but I would go to the ER! Obviously you have just delt with the wrong person!! It sounds like your baby may be in major trouble and you need some real help now!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2004, 06:13 AM   #3

awm HB User

I agree with Kiera. What would it hurt to have a second opinion (well really a first). The reality is there may be nothing you can do but if there is anything I would rather try than wonder later. My prayers are with you and your family. I hope everything turns out OK.

Old 12-22-2004, 06:31 AM   #4
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Hello I wouldnt give up hope yet. Maybe thats not it. I also would just go to another doctor why didnt they give you a u/s there? cant that tell something too? I would go somewhere else. good luck.

Old 12-22-2004, 08:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I agree with the other posters. I would go to the ER and get checked out there where they are more apt to actually do something to figure out what is going on. Let us know what happens. Good luck!

Old 12-22-2004, 10:27 AM   #6
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

How far along are you? I was 8 weeks at the start of what was thought to be my second miscarriage. The doctor ran tests for lupus and progesterone levels. I started taking the progesterone in the hopes that it was the problem and that this would help. The bleeding stopped as it turned out I did have a progetserone deficiency. I know the first triimester is very hard and you are basically at the mercy of nature. Hopfully, you will get through this with a healthy baby. Find a doctor now who is proactive and will do the necessary tests to determine what may be causing this in you. God Bless you and your baby.

Old 12-22-2004, 11:16 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

I would go to the ER right away. Most of the time they'll do an emergency ultrasound if they feel something is wrong. Sometimes light bleeding is normal. Don't fear the worse to you get somewhere that is willing to do test and explain to you whats happening. If I were you don't have sex, use tampons, take tub baths or anything like that till you find out whats goin on. Just take it very easy and keep your feet propped up and stay on bed rest for as long as you can. When I was having problems last week they were pretty sure I was m/c and they told me if I took it easy and did everything they said that the m/c could reverse itself. I didn't have such luck caz there was more problems then that, but that might not be the case for you. So if you can go to the ER and get test done and take it very easy. Wishing you the best of luck!!!

Old 12-22-2004, 12:10 PM   #8
(female)

chykia HB User
Wink Re: Not So Good News

To Cassandra'sMommy,

I found out too late earlier this year about the symptoms of miscarriage.
by the time i knew what they were I was already in the process of miscarrying.Trust your heart, and get that second opinion. Just because we call them Dr. So-and-So doesn't mean they have brains. To be honest some Dr's don't even care. Faith in God and a Dr. who you can trust will go a long way.

God Bless You and Your Family,
Chykia

Closed Thread