It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2004, 10:50 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

stacydl HB User
Brown Spotting 9 weeks

Hi everyone. I had a scare last night with some brown spotting. I had an ultrasound today and the baby looks good with a good heart beat at 167. Has anyone had this happen to them? Did everything turn out ok? I know that once you see/hear the heart beat the miscarriage rate drops to like 2-5% but we are very nervous. It took us three years to conceive this baby and it's our first pregnancy so it's really scary.
Thanks for any positive stories!
Stacy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2004, 11:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Re: Brown Spotting 9 weeks

I spotted brown blood for 8 weeks (week6-14). I am now 4 days away from my due date. Take it easy, no lifting, rest, and avoid sex for a little bit. That is what I was told. They never could figure out why I spotted.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2004, 11:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

Hi Stacydl:

I haven't had actual brown spotting, I know that I have had what looks brown in my pad, which is dried discharge. I had yellow discharge, and was really worried about an infection, but everyting was just fine, no infection. I can imagine that you are nervous, and sorry I wasn't much of a help, but good luck, I'm sure everything will turn out fine. Keep us posted!

Old 12-22-2004, 11:23 AM   #4
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

I would avoid sex and orgasm just to be safe. Even if the doctor doesn't tell you to, it would be wise to just be safe. Good luck.

Old 12-22-2004, 01:30 PM   #5
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyed_girl
I spotted brown blood for 8 weeks (week6-14). I am now 4 days away from my due date. Take it easy, no lifting, rest, and avoid sex for a little bit. That is what I was told. They never could figure out why I spotted.

Good luck
This is the same thing theve al;ways told me too. take it easy a while.

Old 12-22-2004, 03:21 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

stacydl HB User

Thanks ladies! I took today off and I am trying not to be nervous. The nurse said the rule of thumb is nothing in the vagina for two weeks after an episode of spotting, so yup you're right, no sex or anything like that. I think that's probably what caused the problem to begin with, either my full dr. exam or fooling around with dh over the weekend. At least I hope that's what it was so that it won't happen again.
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again for your well wishes and positive thoughts.
Stacy

Old 12-22-2004, 03:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User

I spotted but brown right around my period time the first two months.

Old 12-22-2004, 08:48 PM   #8

TAZMZN HB User

I spotted brown on both of my pregnancies just a couple of times early on. It went away on its own, I never had any problems with it and I have one beautiful boy 18 months old and am 29 weeks along with boy number 2....Like everyone else said, nothing up there for a while and don't over do it or stress out. Also, I would take all the precautions that they list for you to avoid miscarriages....for example, my doctor told me that the equivalent to 1 1/2 cups of coffee a day in caffeine can triple your risk of a miscarriage in the first 3 months. You know things like that.

Old 12-22-2004, 10:18 PM   #9
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

oops

Last edited by mommaboyz; 12-22-2004 at 10:21 PM.

Old 12-22-2004, 10:21 PM   #10
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZMZN
for example, my doctor told me that the equivalent to 1 1/2 cups of coffee a day in caffeine can triple your risk of a miscarriage in the first 3 months. You know things like that.
wow I didnt know that and Im on pg #4

Old 12-22-2004, 10:29 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

angel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB User

Hello all

I'm the proud Momma of 3 darlings (all a bit older than babies now). I had brown spotting at 6 weeks with No. 2 .. in a panic, I rang the maternity section of the hospital and they just shrugged and said "if it happens, it happens" which is not AT ALL calming for a Mum to be!!! Anyway, I asked my local GP and he said Brown is OK because it's old blood that's clearing away while the mucous plug settles itself in the cervix.

"phew"

But I did still take it easy for a few more months "just in case" .. better to be safe than sorry.

Didn't have any problems like that with the other two .... (other issues, but not spotting).

goodluck !!

Mustang_Sally

PS: I did find out recently that eating too many strawberries can bring on early labour .. so avoid in large quantities!!!

Last edited by mustang_sally; 12-22-2004 at 10:30 PM.

Closed Thread