It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User
Wot is labour like?

I know it hurts but i am nieve about how much until i go through it.
Also what pain relieveing methods do u reccommend that u have used?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2004, 04:30 PM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: Wot is labour like?

Well imagine your worst pain youve ever felt before and multiply it by 100 times and thats labor. Lol that makes you wanna have a baby desnt it. It basically like menstral cramos but worse for me anyways. Some people feel it more in there backs I didnt. There are a few different ways to treat the pain the Epidural for one is the best as far as it gets rid of all your pain totally With the exception of a few people. But you cant get out of bed to walk ,pee ect. I think there are other drugs the give you in an Iv. they did nothing for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2004, 08:41 PM   #3

TAZMZN HB User

When I think back to my son's birth, the most vivid memory I have of pain is not really of pain, but of pressure. I think that the best way to describe it is to take a menstrual cramp, but move it down and add 30 pounds of pressure to your pelvis. I guess it is worse for some people, but I took all of the pain meds they would give me and I made it through just fine. I highly recommed the epidural....all of the pressure and pain went away in a matter of mere seconds once I got that. And don't be afraid to tell the nurse or your doctor if you are in a lot of pain. They will always do something for you. I think the most painful part before the baby arrived was when they check to see how dialated I was.....they stick their whole hand up there and just add to the pressure that you already feel. But all in all the pain is worth it when you look down and see your little one come out! I can vividly remember looking down and seeing Jacob's huge blue eyes canvasing the room. Just wait, you'll look back on the day with fond memories.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:53 AM   #4
(female)

Nikala HB User

I dont think the labour pains were too terrible it was the stiches that hurt me!!

Old 12-23-2004, 04:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

For me it was extremely painful. Take your worst menstral cramps and multiply it by 20...litterally. I was given an IV drug which totally doped me up for about 40 minutes. Then it wore off. When I got another dose it did nothing! But the epidural...what a beautiful thing. Like another poster said...within seconds I was feeling better and actually fell asleep for a few hours.

Every woman is going to have a different labor...but I never want to try and labor naturally again.

Last edited by Kiera1595; 12-23-2004 at 04:42 AM.

Old 12-23-2004, 05:46 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

ouch!! i suppose its hard to imagine until you really go through it!! like mum said the injections they give u dont do anything! when that head is crowned then you are stuffed!! LOL! epidural it is then!!
thanks ladies!

Old 12-23-2004, 08:03 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I wasn't even sure I was in labor -- kept having really bad "gas" pains. Then I started timing them and realized I was starting to have contractions. Looking back, I didn't think it was that bad. Especially after seeing some of those labor shows where the person is screaming and swearing. I just could feel one coming on and I'd tighten up my body to prepare for it.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:02 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

Wow that gives someone like me a tiny bit of hope!! LOL!! some lady i know thought she was having a poo but there was a baby there seconds later!! luck of the draw i suppose

Closed Thread