It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2004, 08:16 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User
The joys of being pregnant

HI all

It seems there is so much to complain about with pregnancy and it is so easy to focus on the aches and worries. Believe me, dealing with gestational diabetes, carpal tunnel, severe swollen ankles and legs and financial difficulties has me always hurting and feeling on edge.

I would like to share a few reasons why I am joyful to be pregnant and what is going right. . .

After years of trying to conceive, I am grateful to have this precious opportunity to be a mother.

I love feeling the baby moving around in there, he's my little buddy who goes everywhere with me.

I love all the attention I get from everyone, including strangers, e.g. holding doors, letting me first in line, carrying things for me.

I don't mind the belly rubbing thing, only women seem to do it and it is a gesture of affection as i see it. I am not a touchy and feely person but I have actually been enjoying this part.

I like all the extra help I get from my husband with chores and other household projects. I like seeing him excited for the baby.

I love the baby showers!! What fun!!!

I enjoy how nice everyone has been to me, such as striking up friendly conversation, sharing their own mother hood stories and always asking do i need anything, how do i feel, etc.

I love the way my body looks, despite having gained over 40 pounds. I feel so womanly and the belly looks really cool.

I love showing off my belly to the world, since I have always been the one to look at pregnant women and could only wish. . .

Anyone else have reason to feel glad, despite the physical and mental stress?

Share the joy and happy holidays to all!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2004, 08:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: The joys of being pregnant

Well this is a nice post!

I am very grateful to have this baby. I have always wanted a baby, and wasnt' sure it woudl be possible, because of soem health problems i have, but I got pregnant without even trying.

Old 12-23-2004, 07:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I too am focusing on the positive things about being pregnant, despite the constant back pain. I am comforted knowing that once the pregnancy is over, the back pain will be gone.

It makes me laugh when I'm standing there all by myself, minding my own business when all of a sudden from out of nowhere I get kicked from the inside without any warning. I love feeling the baby move. It comforts me and I am bonding with my baby.

I will finish the paint touch-ups in the nursery (former office) today. It already looks cute. DH is bringing the furniture over tomorrow morning, and my SIL, who is an artist, is coming over next week to paint an Alice in Wonderland theme mural on the lilac base on the walls (we're having a girl). The nursery will be complete by the end of next week and it will really feel real for me then that soon enough there will be a baby in there.

I am also thankful for a wonderful husband who is so understanding when things don't get done around the house. I can't do as much as I used to, but he is more than willing to help out. I also love the nightly back rubs.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Geez, I definately have hormones all over the place because I have tears in my eyes reading this thread, I am thankful to be pregnant once again after a miscarriage in August, I watch my 2 year old little girl and can see how helpful and wonderful she'll be as a sister. I see my aches and pains as a sign that everything is going well, when my BBs aren't as tender it worries me, so I guess I find comfort in all the more difficult aspects of pregnancy. I love the fascination and wonder that I have each and everyday as this little person grows inside me, I am so excited to meet our little creation... I am thankful for being able to concieve at all, my heart goes out to all those struggling with infertility, my best friends sister in law is one of those unfortunate ones who struggles each and every month. Happy holidays to everyone, and baby dust to anyone still TTC. `*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*

Closed Thread