It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2004, 12:31 PM   #1

grass HB User
Unhappy Good bye pregnancy board...

..just bad news after bad news.. what I was all along worried about just happened. I just came out of the hospital (today), I lost my baby at 15 wks (on tuesday). I was having some cramps, (I also had a subchorionic hematoma (sch), but the bleeding was getting much better lately, I thought that was healing well) , my dr was out of town so I went to ER. I felt a bad pressure in my belly along with cramps in my belly and back, the pain was very low in my belly and it seemed as if my belly was lowering. While waiting to see a dr, my water broke. I knew it was over. Finally a dr saw me, I was passing more clots, they did an U/S and said that I'm miscarying. I cannot explain the pain and feeling.... they took the tests and everything, they said I had an infection which already was kind of high. How weired! even the doctor was amazed how come I didnt' have any fever or other infection symptoms like this. They put me on IV and induced me, the next day I passed the baby, it was a boy...I was on 3 antibiotics for 3 days, now I'm recovering both, mentally and fizically.
I wish you all healthy babies with healthy moms. Maybe some time soon I'll be back on the pregnancy board. Good luck to you all!

Old 12-23-2004, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User
Re: Good bye pregnancy board...

I am so sorry for your loss, it's hard enough to lose a child it's even harder when you have the holidays to remind you of that loss. Remember that things happen for a reason and Hopefully you will have a child with you soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #3

Imy HB User

Im so sorry to hear that grass, I'm sure you have grown attached to your little one which makes it so hard. I believe god has a plan for everything, and in hindsight this small tragedy may open your heart even more for your next child.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:01 PM   #4

Maggpie HB User

I'm sorry to hear of your grief. My thoughts are with you and pray we will hear from you again, soon.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:08 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I some what know your pain I was almost 11 weeks when I lost my 2nd one. Which just happened last week. I'm sure it makes it harder knowing what your baby was and carrying it for 15 weeks. I hope you feel better soon and just take one day at a time and mourn the loss of your baby the way you need to not the way people think you should!!!

Last edited by beanie_1122; 12-23-2004 at 02:09 PM.

Old 12-23-2004, 03:13 PM   #6
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Im so sorry to hear of your loss. I wish you well and a recovery although I know it will be hard. Dont give up on a baby it will happen for you. Your angel is in Heaven now.

Old 12-23-2004, 06:57 PM   #7

jsiplon HB User

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm 18 weeks and also had (or have) a subchorionic hematoma. We just found out yesterday that it's a girl. Every little cramp I'm horrified something is happening. I have quit spotting for almost 2 weeks now. And the ultrasound showed a very minor area but there is still that question. I will keep you in my thought and prayers.
Jan

Old 12-24-2004, 11:22 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

oh my gosh, thats so horrible for you, i cant even imagine the pain you are feeling. I had a scare 2 days ago, because of constant cramps, my doc suspected ectopic preg. I had an emergancy ultrasound, but luckly baby is where it is supposed to be. My DH said one thing to me that made me feel good. We all want our babies to be born healthy, so if they are deadly sick, it is better if they go now then 9mo from now. Dont think that your body failed you, because it did the opposite. As devistated as you are now, how much more difficult would it be if this happened at 9mo, or after birth. Our bodies have mechanisms in place that make sure that babies are born as healthy as possible. Be strong, you will have a healthy baby as most woman do. We are all praying for you to stay strong.

Old 12-25-2004, 09:02 PM   #9
(female)

BEcca1978 HB User

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain an loss you are feeling right now. Take care. God Bless.

Old 12-25-2004, 09:20 PM   #10

Ron HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass
..just bad news after bad news.. what I was all along worried about just happened. I just came out of the hospital (today), I lost my baby at 15 wks (on tuesday). I was having some cramps, (I also had a subchorionic hematoma (sch), but the bleeding was getting much better lately, I thought that was healing well) , my dr was out of town so I went to ER. I felt a bad pressure in my belly along with cramps in my belly and back, the pain was very low in my belly and it seemed as if my belly was lowering. While waiting to see a dr, my water broke. I knew it was over. Finally a dr saw me, I was passing more clots, they did an U/S and said that I'm miscarying. I cannot explain the pain and feeling.... they took the tests and everything, they said I had an infection which already was kind of high. How weired! even the doctor was amazed how come I didnt' have any fever or other infection symptoms like this. They put me on IV and induced me, the next day I passed the baby, it was a boy...I was on 3 antibiotics for 3 days, now I'm recovering both, mentally and fizically.
I wish you all healthy babies with healthy moms. Maybe some time soon I'll be back on the pregnancy board. Good luck to you all!
Hi Grass,

Sorry about your bad news.

You said that the doc mentioned an infection...
Was anything cultured? Was this a hidden infection such as Enterococcus,
Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma or Chlamydia?
If you are infected, these will be hard to find. If you do not get a positive
test result, you won't get antibiotics to cure it.

Ask your doc about testing both you and your hubby or insist that you both take an antibiotic such as Zithromax, which will look after all but the Enterococcus. Your hubby may have a long standing prostatitis, which
may not be causing any serious symptoms. This may not be cleared up
in him with Zithromax because it is so difficult for the med to get to the gland.
(You will get the meds because the PCR testing is very expensive.)

Sorry I can't post any links.

Good luck..
Ron

Old 12-26-2004, 07:42 AM   #11

grass HB User

Thank you all for your suport. It was very hard for a few days, but not I'm trying to focus on getting on shape, eating healthy and thinking about my future and try not to look in the past.
Yes, there was an infection as the ER doctor said. I will have to take a copy of my chart and see exactly what they found as they don't tell you everything there. I have anyway a F/Up appointment on January with the hospital when I want to get more answers
Yes, they did get tests from blood and vaginally. I'm taking now Amoxicillin/Clavulante as antibiotics. They will also do tests on the fetus.
Thank you all again.

Old 12-26-2004, 09:13 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User

I went through almost EXACTLY the same thing 2 years ago. I had cramps, felt like labor, went to the ER, my water broke, I had an infection, and they induced so I could deliver my baby boy. I was about 16 weeks. the doc thought that the fact that I had dialated, and my bag of water was protruding, caused the infection. I did run a high fever with mine.

Did you hold your baby? They wanted me to but at the time I just couldnt--I saw him but now I wish I had held him. Oh well. In the end, they told me I may have developed an incompetent cervix, which caused me to dialate. That condition causes miscarriage usually in the 2nd trimester, the baby reaches a size where your cervix can no longer hold it in. You will probably feel sad fora while. Your body will also take a while to feel "normal" again. Its really hard to be that far along, and then its all over. I am sorry for you.

Old 12-26-2004, 11:50 AM   #13

grass HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryb
I went through almost EXACTLY the same thing 2 years ago. I had cramps, felt like labor, went to the ER, my water broke, I had an infection, and they induced so I could deliver my baby boy. I was about 16 weeks. the doc thought that the fact that I had dialated, and my bag of water was protruding, caused the infection. I did run a high fever with mine.

Did you hold your baby? They wanted me to but at the time I just couldnt--I saw him but now I wish I had held him. Oh well. In the end, they told me I may have developed an incompetent cervix, which caused me to dialate. That condition causes miscarriage usually in the 2nd trimester, the baby reaches a size where your cervix can no longer hold it in. You will probably feel sad fora while. Your body will also take a while to feel "normal" again. Its really hard to be that far along, and then its all over. I am sorry for you.
Hillaryb, I'm sorry to hear your loss , it happend exactly like in my case...
I felt so much guilt, since I came home I kept reading online about causes, or if these things could be prevented, etc... but it's hard when you don't have symptoms, and when they started (pain and cramps) it seems it was too late anyway. I didn't even run a fever. What makes it worse is that you think you are in the second trimester and u are safer.
No, I didn't hold my baby, I was soooo shocked, my husband was there with me the whole time, he saw everything, the baby coming out, etc... I told the dr I don't want to see anything, I just COULDN'T! I have ultrasounds of my baby when he was happy and jumpy and that's how I want to remember him. I kept asking my dh about how baby looked, how big he was, if he had any facial features yet, all the details I could ask... I wanted to know all these, but I just couldn't look... Just the image I made of him from how my dh described makes my heart break.
Thank you for your support. It really helps.

Old 12-26-2004, 03:46 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User

I agreed to see my baby the day after. I just couldnt do it when he came out. The doc tried to get me to look but I wouldnt. He was very small and thin (7 inches long) with transparent skin and he did look peaceful. His face was fairly well-formed, enough that I could see a strong resemblance to my 7 month old daughter. It was very hard to reconcile his still form to the living person he had been inside of me.

The hardest thing was trying to figure out exactly when he died. He was alive when we got to the hospital, and looked fine. I wondered if he died when my water broke, right after he came out, before he came out, or even lived for a few seconds after birth?? The doctor really didnt know. I also wondered alot if it was painful for him at all. of course, I hope not.

Incompetent cervix isnt diagnosed until at least one late miscarriage has occurred. There was no way of knowing beforehand. The best they could tell me was that if I got pregnant again, they would have to wait 12 weeks, and if tests confirmed that the baby was healthy and normal, they would stitch my cervix closed for the remainder of the pregnancy. Most times, this works and the baby is born at term, when they remove the stitch.

The hospital gave me pictures of the baby (they look awful) and a plaster-cast of his footprints and handprints. They also spent alot of time with grief counseling while I was hospitalized, which while it was nice, I felt "interfered with" at times. I did not cry or show any emotion until I viewed the baby. I think they were actually relieved when I did cry.

Closed Thread