It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

Kirii HB User
Worried about Miscarriage

Last night around 10 pm my back started hurting bad and I felt tightening in my lower abdomen it would tighten, then loosen back up and tighten again. I'm kind of worried because with my daughter they found a mishape in my uterus and had to call in doctors to check it out. It didn't seem to have any affect on the pregnancy which is good. I'm worried that it might happen this time. I haven't seen a OB doctor yet, i'm waiting on my appointment the 29th just to get registered not to see a doctor.

Not sure how long it went on for last night but it did finally go away and no bleeding occured. I'm 14 weeks along and I know I should of seen a doctor sooner, but with my first pregnancy they wouldn't even see me unless it was a emergency before I was 12 weeks pregnant. I know it's taking a little longer for them to get me in cause of the holidays.

I went to WIC today and told them about the pain and they said if I bled or it happened again then call a on duty nurse though I have no clue what number to call at the OB doctors.

I haven't gained any weight with this pregnancy yet though it may be a blessing, but I read that I should of gained 2-3 pounds. My iron lvl is higher than it use to be by 2 points. I'm hoping that it just means that i'm taking care of myself and not having problems with baby growing. I'm anemic and shocked that my iron was higher than usual.

I even felt the "contraction" like feeling with my hand pressed against my belly. I've had labor before so I know what they feel like though it wasn't near as painful as Labor :P

I don't want to unnecessarily goto the hospital and cause stress for my parents *i'm 25, but living with them to provide a more stable place for my daughter*. My blood pressure is lower than it normally is. It's down to 110 or 70 and it's usually 123 over 80 so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2004, 01:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Re: Worried about Miscarriage

Try not to worry yourself. Maybe you can get to a dr. tomorrow morning first thing. I don't know if you're dr. works tomorrow, for your sake he will be.

With my 2 miscarriages, I had pain (severe cramping) and lots of blood loss and tissue loss as well.

I'd try to relax for now and get to the dr. asap. Just to ease your mind.

I hope everything works out for you. Keep me posted.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

I hope this is not the case for you, but if the pain gets worse and if you have any discharge get to the ER asap. For calling the on call OB you probably just need to call your hospital and tell them you need to talk to the OB on call. Good Luck!!

Old 12-23-2004, 03:11 PM   #4
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I went to the doctor today for the same thing. I knew I was either haivng contractions or BH which are really the same thing. I am 17 weekd. I have no blood either and the are somewhat painful but not really bad. they said I was having contractions and checked me cervix and its closed which is a good thing. He said some people do that and not to worry. so if they do get bad I would just go to the ER good luck. Lay down dont lift or do anything else just relax.

Old 12-23-2004, 06:19 PM   #5
(female)

Kirii HB User

The only problem is I have to carry my daughter around alot and she's 20 pounds. I'm already having issues with my arm where it hurts for hoursssss after holding her, but gotta deal with it. Been having on and off back pain today and some pain in the inner privies area. Aka Cervix area but I'm not really sure since it was sharp pain and it went away. Hoping tonight will be better. If my daughter doesn't wake me up every few hours I can relax, but she's sick so it's up to her :/

Old 12-23-2004, 09:08 PM   #6
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I inderstand about the carring her around. its not to good to do that if you dont have to.I have 3 children they are 1,2,8 so I know all baout packing them around its not easy or good for us. Ok now if you mean sharp stabbing pain in the crotch its normal I have that feels like im being stabbed with a knife thats normal even though it doesnt feel like it. I have had that with all 4 pregnancies. I guess its stretching and all. But very painful. Hope your little one feels better soon.

Closed Thread