It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2004, 06:30 PM   #1

crazygirl HB User
Whats it feel like?

I know I probably wont feel my baby kick for a few more weeks. ( Christmas day i'll be 18 weeks) and being over weight to being with. ( 220pounds when I became pregnant) I'm assuming i wont feel anything till around 20-23weeks. Anyways back to the point of this. When I do start feeling my baby, what does it feel like? And how do i know its my baby and not something else?

thank you
crazygirl

Old 12-23-2004, 09:05 PM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: Whats it feel like?

Hi dont be so doubtful you might feel your baby move sooner han that. I am overweight about the same as you are and I feel mine move. One reason being this isnt my first pg but even my first one I felt pretty early. Well some people say it feels like butterflys in there. For me if you have a liter of soda and turn it upside down the bubble goes to the top. Well thats what it felt like for me. Its really hard to explain but hopefully you will be feeling it soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2004, 02:43 AM   #3
Inactive

off kilter HB User

Around 16 to 18 weeks or so I would take the time at night to lay quietly on my tummy and wait. With my first one it felt like someone had their finger inside my lower tummy and moved it gently . try to picture a little foot every once in a while moving and making a connection with the inside of your uterus. Post when you feel it. It's so exciting. I've heard it described as butterfly wings,gass bubbles,a tickle. At first you won't be sure .

Last edited by off kilter; 12-24-2004 at 02:44 AM.

Old 12-24-2004, 08:19 AM   #4

TAZMZN HB User

The first time I felt my baby move, I thought I was having gas bubbles. But sure enough, they didn't just go away and they in turn became stronger. You will know when it is your baby and not just some weird indigestion. I think that one of the most special things about being a woman is being able to feel something grow inside of you. This is my second pregnancy and I am savoring every minute of it because it is most likely going to be my last....I feel sorry for my hubby because he will never know the joy of feeling your child grow and move and hiccup and kick inside of you. Enjoy this time. Merry Christmas!

Closed Thread