It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2004, 06:35 PM   #1
Veteran

Teresa882003 HB User
Anyone takine Antibotic in early pregnancy w/ baby being born healthy?

Okay here is the situation. My first child was born 6 months ago today. And last week I came down w/ a sinus infection and was put on Zirethamax (sp) the 5 day antibotic that stays in your system for 10 days! Well I missed my period, but each month since his birth it would be alittle bit later each time, figuring my body was straightening out or whatever. So I took a pregnancy test tonight since I am 9 days late, and got a positive, which I am both happy and scared. I am just praying I haven't done anything to damage the baby!!! I also had a c section the first time and am concerned that its tooo soon!!! Wow, am I in shock! I just never thought it would happen so soon, it took us 4 years to get pregnant the 1st time. Has anyone been on anitbiotics in your 1st trimester (not knowing you are pregnant) and everything turn out okay with the baby? He also had me on Allegra D!!
Its a Girl 1/12/06

Old 12-24-2004, 05:24 AM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: Anyone takine Antibotic in early pregnancy w/ baby being born healthy?

Ive not been on antibotics but I was on all kinds of other stuff at the beginning of all 4 of my pgs. Like Vicodine,alcohol weight pills ect. All before I knew I was pg. Not to mention this time around Ive had 15 x-rays and an Mri. Its all scarry but ok. Normally they say the things you do in the first 10 weeks of pg dont effect the baby even. So its better to do them in the first trimester.
It is scarry having a baby so close together I know mine are 8,2,1 and one on the way but youll get through it. As for the c-section Im not sure but I dont see why there would be a problem with another so soon. They say it takes your body a long time to heal after a baby b4 you should get pg again. But ive put mine through the test and my babies are all fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I was put on amoxicillan at about 12 weeks 'cuz of a horrible bronchial and sinus infection. I also took, as per doctors instructions tylenol and sudafed. Before I knew I was pregnant I took ibuprofen, which is a no-no. But DS was born perfectly fine.

Old 12-24-2004, 10:41 AM   #4
(female)

VNightingale HB User

Check with your doctor (always!) but I think you and baby will be okay. My OB prescribed Zithromax for me during the first trimester when I had an URI.

Old 12-24-2004, 11:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

not much is known about Allegra, but its not recommended for pregnant women, the spelling of the antibiotic is wrong so i couldnt look it up, go to [url]www.rxlist.com[/url], type the name of drug and in the list of the drug look for effects on pregnancy

Old 12-24-2004, 09:03 PM   #6
Veteran

Aunt-Bon HB User

I was on Antibiotics for the first three months of prgnancy for a recurring UTI, so I would say you are pretty safe but be sure to mention it to your doctor. Also I had a C-Section and since it also took us over 4 years to get PG I asked my doc about getting PG again and she said to wait 4 months
8/11/04 via C-Section
10lbs 6 oz, 20 1/2 inches

Old 12-25-2004, 06:56 PM   #7
(female)

Kirii HB User

The ER prescribed me Amoxicillin knowing I was pregnant when I had Strep so it should be ok

Old 12-25-2004, 08:54 PM   #8
(female)

BEcca1978 HB User

Zithromax is totally safe. I wouldn't worry a bit. Z pak is just really strong pennicillin made to take 1 dose a day for 7 days and you done. Very safe drug. I would feel safe taking it any time during pregnancy.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:04 PM   #9
(female)

JAMIE0512 HB User

zithromax is a category B drug, safe for use in pregnancy! I wouldnt worry at all, especially since you took it so early in the pregnancy. I read somewhere that if you take something in the first week or so of conception that it cant even get to the baby yet because it still isnt really "connected" to you yet, so i wouldnt worry! and even if it was later, its still safe!
im paranoid too, i got an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin i was giving my daughter and i got bad hives and had to take benadryl, so if anyone knows anything about that... please let me know!!
thanks

Closed Thread