It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2004, 02:25 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User
Valium ect pregnancy help!!!

I know valium in pregnancy is bad for the baby and wouldnt dream of taking it!
But i am ttc at the moment and if (cross my fingers) i was to concieve this time around would be great!!
I am ovulating around the 31st/1st jan and hope i get it right this time around!
And the prob is i have a dentist appointment on the 8th and i am sooooo frightened i may need to take valium to calm me down!!

I was wondering whether that would be dangerous if i was to get pregnant arrind this time, or is it too early to even think about toxicating the baby if its not even developed.

May sound silly but i am soooo worried and confused at what to do

Old 12-26-2004, 09:28 PM   #2
(female)

Mmshelll HB User
Re: Valium ect pregnancy help!!!

Hello. I could be wrong about the effects of valium, but just to let you know I recently did IVF and for a procedure prior to IVF they gave me valium and vicodin and then for my actual embryo transfer they gave me some sort of relaxer (not positive if it was valium) but that makes me think you will be okay. Jope that helps a little ... good luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2004, 12:22 PM   #3
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

I was given valium intravenously while 13 weeks pregnant having a cerclage put in my cervix. Baby is just fine. So, I imagine that certain doses are safe, but certainly talk to your doctor.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:38 PM   #4
(female)

Quorlia HB User

I believe that prior to implantation/placenta formation you are relatively safe from harming your baby due to taking various medications (of course you can alter the conditions in the uterus with some substances so don't be blase about what you have!). I woud check with a doctor to be sure. I think it is only once baby is all hooked up through the placenta that you have to really careful.

Just something to bear in mind - many dentists won't treat in the first trimester so if you do conceive and then find you need further dental work you might have to wait several weeks! (personally I'm avoiding dental treatment until the baby is born because my teeth don't hurt and I get so wound up if I need a filling that it won't be good for the baby, side-effects of the anasthetic aside)

Kirsty 13wks 5days

Old 12-29-2004, 01:02 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

Thanks for that, i wont know if i am pregnant or not on the 8th anyway, if i am then i will find out around the 15th!! so i will go to the dentist! want to get my dental work done before i get pregnant!! although i will try and avoid valium! well i might not actually get pregnant yet anyway, dont wanna count my chickens before they hatch!!

Although my mum and her mum got pregnant mega fast with all their children i might be different!! hope not!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
(female)

papergoods HB User
Question Re: Valium ect pregnancy help!!!

Hi...Ok so I have bad facial muscle spasms/migranes and I often take valium....I just missed my period and peed on some sticks and they all turned up pregnant. Im going to call my doctor in the morning I guess I need an official YES on this but is it REALLY bad that Ive taken like 5 valiums over the last month?

Old 03-12-2008, 05:26 AM   #7
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User

Please do not respond to messages older than 30 days or so. Always start a new thread if the one you wish to respond to is old, especially if you have your own questions.

Thank you for

Closed Thread