It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2004, 01:31 PM   #1

JenniferWorley HB User
Induced?

Whats it like to be induced? I am going to be induced this week and I am just curious? I have heard the labor is alot harder, is this true? Does it take longer?

Old 12-25-2004, 05:46 PM   #2

kdc2002 HB User
Re: Induced?

I was induced with my daughter (I was almost 42 weeks) I had no problems at all though I can't compare it to going into labor on my own. They started me at 7:45 am and had to be restarted at noon (I can't honestly remember why that happened) They only let me get up to go to the bathroom but at 3:00 pm they let me finally go for a walk and then my contractions started. I had my water broken 2 hours later and my epidural an hour later. I pushed for a little over an hour and my daughter was delivered at 10:10 at night. I would say that I was only in pain for about 2 hours. I had a very easy labor being induced. I am due with my second in feb and am curious as to whether I will go into labor this time around or be induced again.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2004, 06:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

crisma HB User

I have two boys, the first one was not induced and the second one was. The induction was so much harder. The contractions don't build up slowly like when your not inducecd, so the real strong contractions are almost from the beginning. But it does seem to go alot quicker. Good luck to you!!!

Old 12-25-2004, 08:58 PM   #4
(female)

BEcca1978 HB User

Yes, I think it is harder. I have never been through it but I have been given the drug pitosin because I bleed alot after having a baby and the contractions help stop the bleeding.The putocin hurts like .... well, it hurts ALOT. Good Luck!!!

Old 12-25-2004, 09:12 PM   #5
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I am different. My first born was hard labor from the get go and was horrible labor...15 and 1/2 hours of pain. SO after that experience I knew what to expect. With my twins they induced me. I went in at 6am, then put me on potocin broke my water and I had contractions but easily blew through them, I lied and said i was in some pain and wanted pain meds and that got me to four cm and then I got my epideral. so about 5:30 I felt her head pushing and she said go ahead and push and out came her head in one push....Oh I could still feel her coming out and the pain in that for sure but it wasn't horrible. The second twin was c-sec which I never bothered my self to even think about and they upped my epideral and I went it and they took her out. The worse part was the insicion hurt like a bad burn. It was ALL worth it for my babies. Don't think too hard on it all because you will do it regaurdless if it's hard or easy for you or if it's long and hard and once it starts happening you'll be in your own world. I do recommend an epideral after having one natural. You will still feel the birth of the baby. No need to feel the pain from contractions. Good luck.

Old 12-26-2004, 12:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi I have had 2 babies in the last 15 months and was induced both times. The first labour ( my daughter ) the contractions came on very quickly and yes it does seem intense because you dont really have a chance for them to build up slowly, I had an epidural which did ease things up a bit and my daughter was born 3 hours 40 minutes later With my son I actually had an epidural put in before they started the pitocin as they said my body was VERY sensitive to it , my son was born 3 hours after starting the pitocin. So no you dont necessarily have a longer labour. GOOD LUCK

Old 12-27-2004, 03:52 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

I did not have a good experience being induced. Pictocin is NOT my friend. The contractions not only hit me like a brick, but they never really stopped. I labored pretty hard for 10 hours and never got past 6 cm. They had to do a c-section. If you do have to be induced, mentally prepare yourself for a c-section. It may not happen (and it's not horrible if it does) but, being induced is going to increase your chances of having one.

Old 12-28-2004, 10:43 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

I was induced with my first son and it was a wonderful experience -- I had no need to worry whatsoever as everything was being taken care of. He was born on time, medications were given promptly and my dr was present-- It was a routine, text book birth and lasted a total of 10 virtually pain free hours. With my second son I asked to be induced but there was no need so I was denied. My baby was born 10 days late, I went to the hospital several hours too early because I was scared I wouldn't make it on time, I had to have my membranes stripped 3 times, and labor was an excruciating 28 hours. Everything seemed so rushed -- no one knew what to expect or do next, and I was in constant pain. I ended up having to be induced at the end anyway because the baby was starting to show signs of distress. My dr was not present until after the birth (he was across the hall with an induced patient) and the whole experience stank. If you're being induced, consider yourself lucky!

Old 12-28-2004, 04:42 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

I haven't been induced, but have been given pitocin, a drug they sometimes use to induce. And I have to be honest, it really hurt! The contractions were there like almost instantly, and they were strong. But, you may have a different experience. But maybe knowing ahead of time what you might expect may help! Good luck!

Closed Thread