It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2004, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

littleteapot HB User
What types of things determines whether one will carry high or low?

(Aside from old wives tales...) How do certain physiological determinants effect whether a woman will carry her baby high or low? such as amount of physical activity, muscle tone, placement of the uterus, her weight, body frame, musculature, body build...

Also, is the way that a woman carries her baby consistent from one pregnancy to another or does it change unpredictably with each pregnancy she has?

Old 12-27-2004, 08:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User
Re: What types of things determines whether one will carry high or low?

I am not sure, but I think your body shape has something to do with it. Along with how your mother carried, I believe. From what I have seen though, my friends that have had boys carry low and carry all around. The one's that have had girls carried in the front and high. Including myself, although, I have the pregnancy spread and my butt is huge!!! But I am mostly in the front and all baby from the ribs down. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2004, 03:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

See, I'm the total opposite of Andrea...so there is no rhyme or reason. My son was soooooo high. Now my little girl is really low. So low that people are commenting. So I guess that answers your question as to different pregnancies doing different things.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:33 AM   #4
(female)

Juliennes HB User

I don't know...I though it was a genetic thing, like andrea03 said about how your mother carried...but with my previous pregnancy I carried pretty low and had a boy. This pregnancy I am carrying really high and I am having another boy. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it!

Old 12-28-2004, 06:21 AM   #5
Veteran

Bella535 HB User

If I'm not mistaking I read that you can carry low according to where the egg implanted and that can even cause early delivery..... do a google search on it.

Old 12-28-2004, 12:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Hmmm...I'm not sure but I think it mostly has to do with your body. I carried my 1st daughter low and all out front, which the old wives' tale is typical for carrying a boy. This one seems higher and is all over but the ultrasound tech said she's confident I'm having another girl. I'm 10 years older, so I wonder if that has something to do with my "growing" all over. This baby also so far prefers to lay sideways and my 1st was usually head down when scanned (we had several ultrasounds with her from 20 weeks on and she was always head down). That might have something to do with it too.

Old 12-28-2004, 01:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

This is what I have told people about old wifes tales. If going by them, I am having a hermaphrodite. Everyone is diffrent.

Closed Thread