It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2004, 06:26 AM   #1
Veteran

Bella535 HB User
April Mommies?

Hey April moms I havent seen any new posts lately. How is everyone doing?

Old 12-28-2004, 09:16 AM   #2
(female)

redstarr987 HB User
Re: April Mommies?

I just had my 22 week u/s. I got the cutest picture! I can't believe how well it turned out. Now I know for sure I'm having a little GIRL....Yay! This will be girl #2. I haven't got a new due date yet. I didn't get one for the first u/s either. Which is strange so I guess I'm still looking at April 25. Every time I go for an u/s I leave disappointed. They never tell you anything. And my tech doesn't even let me watch it move around. I wish April would get here sooner..... I want to see my baby.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2004, 11:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Well, I am supposedly due April 2. I had my first son 12 wks early, so my doc already anticipates that my daughter will come by the end of January. I am doing good. Actually, right now, I have bronchitis, YUCK. Doc has me on zithromax and some really stong cough syrup that completely knocks me on my butt. I hate to take it cause it scares me. But the doc said it wouldnt hurt the baby. I took some last night, and the baby was still bouncing around, so it must be okay. I have a doc appointment tomorrow, at which I will be told one way or the other if I will be on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy. Being single...that would suck. My son is old enough to do things for himself, but it would still suck.
Got baby room almost done. Been painting and making stuff. I am getting nervous that the doc was wrong and its a boy, cause the room is pink as pink gets. That too, would suck. Oh well.
My cervix is soft already, as of last week when I went to the doc, so we will see what happens.

Old 12-28-2004, 12:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I am doing well. My SIL is here this week, so I haven't been on as much. She is painting an Alice in Wonderland mural in the baby's room. The ultrasound tech seemed confident we're having a girl, so at this point we're committed to a girl theme. It looks adorable! The baby's room is almost finished. My back has been doing better since I got the physical therapy belt. I will get a pregnancy belt next week which will also support the weight of the baby. I am feeling great and able to do a lot more these days. I signed up for a Prenatal Yoga class in January, so that should be interesting. I've never done Yoga before but the description indicated that the class focuses on the pelvic region which is my pain zone so I thought it was worth a shot. My doctor cleared it, so it won't hurt to try it. I'll let you know how it goes when I get started.

Old 12-28-2004, 01:03 PM   #5
Inactive

Regina21 HB User

I'm doing well overall, considering that today was a not so good day. My job is stressing me out. (i know that's really not good). I have my next appointment on Tuesday. I dunno if they'll do another ultrasound since we found out what we were having a couple of weeks ago?...Have no idea what to expect on this next check up??

However on Christmas morning my fiance and I were laying in bed trying to wake up and we felt Ryan kick for the first time. It's not hard kicks...but like little thumps...i'm sure you ladies know what i'm talking about. The baby seemed to get more stuff than we actually did! lol* and he's not even here yet! Been a pretty enjoyable 5 months and i'm looking forward to the next 4 to go by fast. I'm ready to have this lil guy in my arms already. Hope all is well with everyone else. Take care and God Bless*

Old 12-28-2004, 01:18 PM   #6
Veteran

Bella535 HB User

I'm glad that all of you are doing well. I just got this huge sinus infection/cold and I'm sniffeling away! Other than that I am ok. I started sleeping alot lately I was never really tired but now its really getting to me. Its really hard to get up in the morning....yawnnnnnnn.
Today I was watching my tummy move. It was bouncing all around, sooo cute. I'm due April 7 but I have this little feeling that maybe the baby will be a tiny drop early........... well see.
At my last u/s the doctor showed me the 4 chambers of the babies heart, the cord, the kidneys and all. it was really nice and touching.

Regina how far along are you?

Old 12-29-2004, 02:52 PM   #7
Inactive

Regina21 HB User

i'm about 21 almost 22weeks. My Dr had originally given me a due date of April 28th and after my ultrasound the nurse practioner came back and gave me another due date of May 3...but said they would go ahead and stick with the April 28th due date since the dates aren't that far apart.

Old 12-31-2004, 09:34 AM   #8
Veteran

lilmom HB User

Hello everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas!!! My computer caught a virus and it fried the whole thing the end of Nov, so that is why I haven't been around. I just read Lawgirls update..... wow. So glas things are going well. It is a great feeling that we are past 24 wks, isn't it? u/s a month ago showed everything was fine. Gaining weight, continue to have bursts of Contractions, was checked and am not dialating yet, but seem that I'm gearing up for the magnesium in a few weeks, hopfully not, but I prepared just in case. I have meals in my freezer and everything. Been to the hospital a couple of times already, but everything is going well, and am feeling confident. Hope all is well. God bless.
Lindsey
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Old 12-31-2004, 09:55 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

The nursery is coming along. I painted the walls and ceiling last week, and my SIL painted a mural of the Alice in Wonderland characters earlier this week. It looks adorable! We found a lamp and glider-rocker that match perfectly. Now we just need to set up the crib, hang the curtain rod and valance and wait for the baby. I like to sit and rock in the baby's room. It's comforting to know that soon enough there will be a baby in there to rock to sleep. I'm getting really excited.

My MIL and SIL offered to give us a baby shower. That will be fun! I'm glad someone on dh's side offered, but I feel a little strange inviting my relatives who were at my first baby shower 10 years ago with my ex-husband. Oh well. If they are uncomfortable, they'll decline the invitation, right?

I am slower these days due to my back, but I'm getting around more than I was before I started physical therapy. I'm still uncomfortable, but the pregnacy belt is helping a lot. I start my Prenatal Yoga class January 10th and am looking forward to that.

Overall, my pregnancy is going really well. I have had no complications and the baby is growing like she should be. I'm so thankful to have a relatively stress-free pregnancy this time around. My first was very stressful.

Old 01-01-2005, 09:51 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

AmandaB HB User

Hi April Mommies,

Wanted to stop by and wish you all the best of luck.

This time last year I was in your situation, with a due date of 19th April (or 21st!). It really doesn't seem like yesterday!

Yet here I am with my beautiful 8 month old baby, who is a sheer joy to have around. So as we will be getting ready to celebrate a first birthday, you will be having your baby.

Enjoy every moment of your Pregnancy and your Newborn. Believe me it passes much too quickly!

Old 01-01-2005, 09:52 AM   #11

CaseyIves HB User

I'm doing pretty good. Glad the holidays are over, it was the first time we had my family over for Christmas brunch, and it was a TON of work!
I am a massage therapist, and have been really busy at work, and my body is feeling it. By the end of the day, everything hurts, especially my lower back, ouch! But, I love my work, and hope to continue on through the end of my pregnancy. We'll see.
I am 26 weeks (I cannot belive I am that far along already...woah) and we found out on Christmas morning that we are having a girl. We asked the ultrasound tech at our last appt. to write it in a Christmas card so we could open it on Christmas morning. It was awesome, I'm so glad we did it that way.
DH and I both were SURE it was a boy, just a gut feeling, so we were pretty shocked, but so happy. It's funny how finding out what the sex is all of a sudden makes this little person even more real.
She is extremely active in there, and I love feeling her moving all around, such an amazing thing, isn't it?
Glad to hear everyone is well, especially our Lawgirl and her little guys, what a relief!
Happy new year!

Old 01-01-2005, 09:02 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Well...it looks like my little one will be arriving soon, or so they think. I had a test done to detect oxitocin (i hope i spelled that right). And sure enough...small levels of it. So, I will have to go back to the doc this next week and test again. If it rises, it means that there is a very great chance that my daughter will make her appearance in the next 3 or 4 weeks. That would suck. And I will have to be on bedrest. That too, would suck. But...whatever it takes to get her here safely.

Baby daddy bought a whole bunch of stuff for the baby today. So now I have everything except a carseat and a dresser, which I will get this next week or 2.

I feel like hippo today. I swear she grew last night or something, cause I woke up this morning, and I felt HUGE. YIKES!!! Thats okay though.

Hope you ladies are doing well!!

Hugs and belly rubs!!!

Jen

Old 01-02-2005, 08:20 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Zayazmama, take it easy. I hope she stays in to "bake" a while longer. She has a good mommy who will take good care of her no matter what. Take care and try to relax a lot.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:34 PM   #14

moonstarlett HB User

Hi guys. I am still doing well. Nothing new to report, other than having to wear maternity clothes almost exclusively. That is really weird. Also, I don't know if I am feeling "kicks" or not, Sometimes it feels like something is falling down in there; maybe the baby is remodeling.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:43 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

All is okay here. I had an arguement with the ground over the weekend (and lost) and went to the hospital to get checked, and everything was fine. I have reached a point where I am soooooooo uncomfortable no matter what I do. However, it would appear that my baby is practicing for the gymnastics or something. For the most part, she stays head down, but occasionally she turns the other way then turns back (I feel like she is going to tear right through my skin like that movie Alien). I am almost 28 weeks and will probably be on bedrest soon, as I am having a grocery list of problems. But I know that if I can keep this bird in the oven for another 5 weeks, she will be okay. I am not looking forward to having to have my kid in the NICU (been there, done that), but sometimes you gotta deal with things as they come.

I go to the doc every week now, as they are checking my constantly to make sure nothing is starting early.

Got the baby's room pretty much done. Got the bedding today. Washed it and put everything together. Also got the highchair from a second-hand store here in town (it is in really good shape and really cute), the baby bathtub thing, a TON of diapers (they were on sale CHEAP), and wooden letters to paint and hang on the wall. So Im pretty much ready whenever she wants to make it here. Have had my bag packed for weeks. Nothing packed for her yet. If she shows up anytime soon, I wont need anything for her cause I will be coming home without her anyway.

That is pretty much it.....

Hope everyone is well!!

Hugs and Belly Rubs!!

-Jen

Closed Thread