It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2004, 10:40 PM   #1
(female)

mommi4desiree HB User
Cool induction..

im getting induced on thursday 12-30-04!!!!
im kinda upset thought because my doc said ill be on call so whenever the 2 people who are scheduled for induction have their babys then i get called in or whenever theres a room open.. but i just talked to this one girl that the same thing happened to her but she had to wait like a week in a half =/ ughh please tell me stories..good and bad about being induced i wanna hear it all..

*arielle & desiree*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2004, 11:01 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: induction..

I was induced with my twins. I asked to be because I was too big for myself. Just plain ol' tired. I went to the hospital about 6am and around 8am I had potocin (which gets labor going) So as soon as I started to feel my contractions getting a little unbearable I asked for pain meds, I lied and said I was in more pain then I actually was.....so that got me to 4cm and then I could have my epideral (Thank god for those) so I sat there until 5:30 pm and I kept telling my friend that I felt pressure down there and the nurse came in and said "go ahead and give me a push to see where your at" So I did and POP...out came my first daughters head. Then there was panick because they were not ready. So my little girl came out and my second twin squirmed her way back up and the doctor and the midwife tried to put their whole hand up inside to turn her around and she would NOT come out...so lucky me, I got a C-section which was no big deal and about 6:30 pm she came out and had to go to NICU because she didn't have the big squeeze.
Now I chose to have pain meds and an epideral because I had my son a year before that and it was 15 1/2 hours of "please kill me" pain. Pain meds did not work. So this time around I said "heck no" and got relief. You can still feel the actual birth of your child coming out even with the epideral. It was amazing both times, but I relaxed and enjoyed the experience more the second time with the twins. The only horror story I can tell you would be with the first. That was me being dumb thinking I could do it without pain meds and an epideral. There isn't anything to worry about because it's going to happen regaurdless of what you do and each labor is different, some shorter, some longer....some are a lot less pain then what I had. Good luck and the main thing is "don't lose control" and "breath!" Keep us posted, I'll be waiting to here from you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2004, 09:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

~PJ~ HB User

Good luck with your induction!!! Hope it all goes smoothly for ya!

Old 12-29-2004, 02:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Hurray! Your baby is on the way!!! And if you can get him/her out before the new year, well, just think of the tax advantages!!!

Good luck!!

Old 12-31-2004, 08:46 PM   #5
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

Induction. Well its all kind of a haze now, but it takes a while for the pitossin (sp?) to take effect, but it does induce a more intense labor (I think) than occurs naturally. It's different for everyone though. Some women birth babies fast and some not so fast. Here's hoping your's is quick!!!!

Old 01-01-2005, 01:22 PM   #6
(female)

mommi4desiree HB User

i got induced but unfortunatley it wasnt sucessfull =(

Old 01-01-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Good luck and i hope it goes well next time, i take it they will induce you again?

Closed Thread