It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 01:10 AM   #1

Poledra HB User
Larger areolas

Hi Ladies,

Ok, this is weird...I just finished my period days ago, and am due to ovulate within the next 2-5 days or so...My period was completely normal. Right now I have issues with enlargened areolas...they are massive, and blue veins as well. I've never noticed this before with ovulation but I would highly doubt that I was pregnant...I totally don't feel pregnant...and I know how I feel when I am.

Every now adn then I'd get a little twinge of discomfort in one breast at a time, but overall nothing.

Pol

Old 12-29-2004, 08:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
Re: Larger areolas

Larger areolas and blue veins are signs of pregnancy. Perhaps you should take a test to be sure. It could be that you had some bleeding that you mistook for a period during the time your period would have come. Was it a "normal" period for you? Like the same length, amount, and color?

It wouldn't hurt to take a test just to make sure. You could always get a test at a Dollar Tree store - the brand is New Choice and they have the same sensitivity levels as Clearblue Easy but are only $1!

Good luck with everything!
~L~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2004, 08:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I would test to be sure, I know a few women who had bleeding during the first few months of their pregnancies, right when AF would have come, so they assumed they weren't pregnant. Wouldn't hurt to try. Goodluck

Old 12-29-2004, 06:25 PM   #4

Poledra HB User

I supposed so...I'm having a hard time with finding even $1 if you can believe that one lol...we're just keeping things very tight.

In terms of period, yes it was completely normal except day 1-2 were brown spotting...but once the flow started, the amount and colour and smell were all normal.

I don't smell pregnant as I did in the past (I had a scent in my discharge). My areolas are still enlargened right now, I had some more discomfort in them, but nowhere near the pain I had when I was pregnant, even at the early stage of 4-5 weeks. Plus, the sensation goes away. There's an itchiness about the nipples as well, but it goes away. But the overall size is bigger than normal, and bigger than they should be for this part of my cycle unless it is indeed because of my ovuating time, which I again have never noticed before.

The blue veins come and go as well except one or two stick around...*shrug*

I'll just have to wait it out. I might still have one of my cheapo tests that I recently found.

Thanks Ladies!
Pol

Closed Thread