It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 08:07 AM   #1

chrislint3521 HB User
Implantation bleeding?

My DH and I have been trying for 4 months and no luck so far. We really tried this month with the ovulation tests and doing it on the right days. I have slight cramping today and a little browish/pink spotting when I wipe. I should have 5 days until AF. Could this be implantation spotting? My boobs usually really hurt beforehand and this time they don't. The slight cramping though makes me think it's not it. I spotted my first pregnancy, but that was 5 years ago and if I remember right it was 4 weeks into the pregnancy.Anyone with information or stories on this would be great.

Old 12-29-2004, 09:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User
Re: Implantation bleeding?

HI Chris..
i spotted about 5 days before my af was due...I seriously thought af was coming in full force..had all my regular pre af symtpoms...and when my period was due nothing. I tested a couple of days later and it was a bfp!
I'm just 6 weeks and hoping everything is ok.
I hope you are having implantation spotting and will get your bfp soon!
S

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2004, 10:27 AM   #3

chrislint3521 HB User

Thanks for the ray of hope. I really hope so too. Hope all goes well with you too!

Old 12-29-2004, 01:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

I think implantation spotting usually occurs sometime around 4-8 days after ovulation, so your timing is right. I had implantation spotting with these two little guys, and it was sort of pinkish/brownish how you describe.

A lot of books/information/websites out there will tell you that this spotting is not a reliable predictor of pregnancy, but I disagree. I know, who the heck am I to disagree with doctors and experts? I know saying that makes me lose some credibility, but really: what else could it be? I have been pregnant twice (miscarried the first time) and both times I had spotting, beginning a few days after ovulation. In my entire life I have never had any other type of spotting so I pretty much knew from the first day of spotting that I was pregnant.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but if you don't normally have any spotting, I would take that as a really good sign.

Good luck, and get back to us in 5 days!!

Last edited by Lawgirl; 12-29-2004 at 01:38 PM.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:39 PM   #5

clint3521 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawgirl
I think implantation spotting usually occurs sometime around 4-8 days after ovulation, so your timing is right. I had implantation spotting with these two little guys, and it was sort of pinkish/brownish how you describe.

A lot of books/information/websites out there will tell you that this spotting is not a reliable predictor of pregnancy, but I disagree. I know, who the heck am I to disagree with doctors and experts? I know saying that makes me lose some credibility, but really: what else could it be? I have been pregnant twice (miscarried the first time) and both times I had spotting, beginning a few days after ovulation. In my entire life I have never had any other type of spotting so I pretty much knew from the first day of spotting that I was pregnant.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but if you don't normally have any spotting, I would take that as a really good sign.

Good luck, and get back to us in 5 days!!
I hope you're right. Sometimes I wonder myself what doctors and experts know. We know our bodies better then they do. I'll keep you posted and my fingers crossed. I've spotted twice before, but that was shortly after I had a biopsy done of my cervix. My pap finally came back normal 6 months ago, so I should be good now.

Old 12-30-2004, 07:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

OK- this will sound like a totally random "doom and gloom" sort of comment, but I really feel compelled to post anyway. Make sure your ob (if/when you are pregnant) knows about the biopsy on your cervix, even if it was years ago. You probably already know this, but having a biopsy can make you more likely to have a weakened cervix. I had a friend who had this problem. They can fix it by putting a stitch in, I think usually around 19 weeks or so, but if they aren't watching out for the problem, it can get really bad.

Anyway, you probably already knew that, and I'm sure everything will be fine for you! Just keep it in the back of your mind. When are you testing?

Old 12-30-2004, 02:45 PM   #7

chrislint3521 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawgirl
OK- this will sound like a totally random "doom and gloom" sort of comment, but I really feel compelled to post anyway. Make sure your ob (if/when you are pregnant) knows about the biopsy on your cervix, even if it was years ago. You probably already know this, but having a biopsy can make you more likely to have a weakened cervix. I had a friend who had this problem. They can fix it by putting a stitch in, I think usually around 19 weeks or so, but if they aren't watching out for the problem, it can get really bad.

Anyway, you probably already knew that, and I'm sure everything will be fine for you! Just keep it in the back of your mind. When are you testing?
The ob I go to delivered by first child and is the one who did my biopsy, so she's aware of it. I've gone to her for 6 years. Thanks for the heads up though. I wondered about that and it's been in the back of my mind. I will definately keep in the front of my mind if/when I'm pregnant. I guess then it can be weakend even if you are pregnant, correct? And cause some spotting?
I will be testing maybe this weekend or wait until I'm suppose to start Tuesday. Depends on how anxious I get.

Old 01-02-2005, 04:10 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hello

I also had some spotting. It was about four or five days before my AF was due but I hadn't been very regular so I though it was just coming a bit early. I had small amounts of brown bleeding for two to three days and then it stopped. This had happened a month or so before and then my AF came properly a few days later, so I was convinced I was about to start. So convinced infact that I went out and bought a basal body thermometer so that I could try to time when I ovulated the next month. Well that thermometer turned out to be a complete waste of money because my AF never did come! I had cramps and backache but no more bleeding so a week later I did a HPT and it was positive. Even though we were TTC I was so shocked!

Good luck and I hope you also get the result you want.

Old 01-02-2005, 08:09 PM   #9

clint3521 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish
Hello

I also had some spotting. It was about four or five days before my AF was due but I hadn't been very regular so I though it was just coming a bit early. I had small amounts of brown bleeding for two to three days and then it stopped. This had happened a month or so before and then my AF came properly a few days later, so I was convinced I was about to start. So convinced infact that I went out and bought a basal body thermometer so that I could try to time when I ovulated the next month. Well that thermometer turned out to be a complete waste of money because my AF never did come! I had cramps and backache but no more bleeding so a week later I did a HPT and it was positive. Even though we were TTC I was so shocked!

Good luck and I hope you also get the result you want.
Well, AF started yesterday so I guess this wasn't the month. I don't know why I was spotting though. It was just faint spotting. We planned a ski trip to Colorado in the middle of Feb. for my husbands bday, so maybe we need to hold off until after we get back anyway. I figured we'd finally get pregnant since we planned a vacation and paid for it, since that's usually how it works. Then again if it happens this month or next I can just go for the scenery and shopping while he snowboards. Thanks for all your alls input and hopefully I'll be back on here soon with a positive response.

Christina

Old 01-02-2005, 11:26 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

I'm so sorry to hear this isn't your month! Sounds like your vacation will be a great distraction until it's time to start trying again. Just remember to enjoy the "trying," and have a few hot chocolates with Bailey's while you're on your trip!

Good luck!

Last edited by Lawgirl; 01-02-2005 at 11:26 PM.

Closed Thread