It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 09:00 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Bad Dreams

I'm 12 weeks pregnant, and seem to worry all the time about the pregnancy. But what doesn't help is I have been having really bad dreams. Like dreams that I am miscarrying, something that I am always terrified of. And the dreams seem so realistic. When I finally wake up, I am so relieved to know it was just a dream. I know it's normal to have strange dreams while being pregnant, but is it normal to be having these type of dreams? They are kind of scary!

Old 12-29-2004, 09:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Re: Bad Dreams

A friend of mine was pregnant last year and at the moment i am ttc and she told me that when i do become pregnant i may experience 'nightmares', she used to dream that her husband passed away tragically or he left her for someone else leaving her alone to cope with the baby, she spoke to her midwife who said that she had many clients who experienced this during pregnany.
I hope this is of help to you and i wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Take care - Sammiep xxx

Last edited by sammieP; 12-29-2004 at 09:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2004, 09:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

Thanks Sammie...I appreciate your reply....it does help!

Old 12-29-2004, 10:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I am glad i can be of help, i hope the dreams start to settle down soon

Old 12-29-2004, 11:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I had a dream when I was pregnant with Kierra that DH had a fling, I dreamed I caught them together and beat the bimbo up! I was mad at DH and told him about my dream when I saw him later, I knew he didn't do it but it was so realistic!
I had a bad dream last night that I was staying at a hotel that must have been haunted because a pitch fork flew threw the air and just missed me, it hit the wall so hard that it bent the prongs, So I brought it down to the lobby and demanded another room, they said it was due to something I had bought so I had to go return the item and get a different brand then when I got into my new room all was fine. Weird. It is normal to have bad dreams I think its the hormones.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:04 PM   #6

jennfaery HB User

OMG I had such vivid dreams when I was pregnant with my daughter. Dreams about hubby cheating, and people dying and all sorts of stuff. I think it was because I was so worried all the time and it manifested itself in my dreams. I had the worst dream of my entire life last night. I dreamt that my daughter died and I was at her funeral. I woke up crying and ran into her room and held her for an hour to reassure myself she was ok. It was the worst dream I've ever had. I dont think I am pregnant though, since I just took a preggy test and it came out negative. ( I have been having some of the symptoms ie, sore breasts, tired and nausea, but I attributting it to pms lol hopefully Anyways, good luck with the dreams. If you are still hjaving promlems with it go to the doc. She will give you some suggestions.

Old 12-29-2004, 07:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I dreamt dh was cheating on me, that this woman showed up at our house during a bbq with a suitcase and I KNEW she was his girlfriend and was so mad that he didn't see a problem with her staying with us. I woke up so mad and he kept saying it was just a dream. But I was soooo angry. Poor guy! The other dream I had was that we'd be out for dinner. I wouldn't be pregnant anymore, but forgot the baby -- left it at home? Not sure, but I'd realize I'd forgotten to bring it along.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:28 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

i have had a few dreams abotu DH cheatign on me too! But the worst was that this black shadow came in and stole my baby from my belly! the dreams are awful, and I have always had weird dreams, but never nightmares before. I hope this part goes away soon!

Closed Thread