It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 02:55 PM   #1

jodimarie75 HB User
Question What prenatal vitamins do you take??

I'm just doing a poll of what kind of Prenatal Vitamins everyone is on and what time of the day do you take it?

I take Prenate Elite before I go to bed. It says to take 1 hour before a meal or 2 hours after. I have been taking it 4 months prior to when I conceived and it didn't bother me at all. Now that I'm getting the nausea, I feel it more the next morning....any suggestions??

Jodi

P.S. Does anyone have any suggestions or things that have helped you w/ nausea/hunger (at the same time)?? Like what foods make you feel better? I found that I need to eat very frequently but not a lot at a time. I've been eating cinnamon raisin toast, canned peaches, baked potatoes w/ butter and sour cream, goldfish crackers, cheese and crackers, pink lemonade, bagels and cream cheese..etc. I need more protein!! Ughh..the thought of all this food is making me nauseaus!! lol

Old 12-29-2004, 05:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Re: What prenatal vitamins do you take??

I also take Prenate Elite. I was taking it in the morning, but it made me too sick. So I take it before bed now. I don't have any suggestions for you on the hunger/nausea thing...I too was wondering the same

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2004, 05:29 PM   #3

Alleyne HB User

I tried several different kinds of prenatal vitamins... and they all made feel like crap... so I didn't take them and I continue not to take them. I just make sure I eat well and not worry about taking the vitamins. At my 20week u/s the tech said I must have taken my vitamins since my baby girl had a very nice spine.. hehe.. I said.. "ummmmm... well I didn't take them, they made me sick".

The nausea for me ended up being a waiting game... I stopped feeling bad around 17 weeks or so. I just ate as much as I could, which wasn't very much a lot of the time... but I tried to eat yogurt and drank those yogurt breakfast shakes for protein.

Old 12-29-2004, 05:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

I take Pre Elite with a stool softner. I take it with a meal. I haven't gotten nausous from them at all. I did however get sick from the Walmart brand. A friend of mine couldn't take them at all so she was taking flinstone chewables.

Last edited by andrea03; 12-29-2004 at 05:34 PM.

Old 12-29-2004, 06:48 PM   #5
Inactive

Regina21 HB User

Oh wow, i'm glad someone finally asked this, because I too am taking the same thing. I had to switch to taking my prenatals at night before I go to bed because if I take them in the morning i'm sicker than a dog. Usually it's better if I take them at night that way I kinda sleep through the whole thing.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I am takign flintstones too, but I take extra folic acid and iron, but I found that they were just much easier, I just take them whenever I eat.

Old 12-30-2004, 05:53 AM   #7
(female)

Quorlia HB User

400mg of Folic Acid only taken with my breakfast. I try and listen to my cravings as I think that if I want something it must indicate that I am missing something from my diet but I haven't had many of them so I think that must be good! I try and have a balanced diet which has been helped by not being too nauseous. I got the nausea where you feel you can eat anything but then without much warning you throw it up so that probably helped. Had I had proper M/S I would probably have gone to the doctor and asked about vitamins. I haven't felt ill at all now for about 10 days!

Kirsty
13wks 6days

Old 12-30-2004, 06:56 PM   #8

Maggpie HB User

I take Materna and it's been better since I switched to bedtime, too.
As for the nausea.......I think it's different for everyone, but I try to avoid anything greasy, too spicy, or out of the ordinary. I do better on plain stuff. I've been eating oatmeal in the morning and it seems to help with the hunger, too. I have, though, been guilty of late to delve into the ice cream bucket at night!

Old 01-04-2005, 01:52 PM   #9
(female)

aWorrier777 HB User

I'm taking Prima Care. It has one capsule that you take in the a.m. and another tablet that you take in the p.m. This is supposed to help with absorption. They don't make me sick at all, but then again I am not pregnant yet. Just started trying.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:16 PM   #10
(female)

LYNN9731 HB User

I'm taking Cal-Nate. I take one early in the morning. An hour or more before breakfast. I've never had any side effects.

lynn

Old 01-04-2005, 07:31 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

I take PreCare chewables. I tried about 5 others that were not chewable and the smell alone made me wanna throw up. The ones I take are not the greatest tasting, but they dont make me wanna barf. They are kind of an orangish taste, Not too chalky. A bonus....they are the only ones I have ever taken that dont "stop me up", if you know what I mean......They do have iron and all the other stuff that the others have, but I guess it is done in a different way...kinda nice.

Old 01-04-2005, 11:00 PM   #12

shortformofjane HB User

I take "bronson" chewables, they tast ok, kinda like orange flavor. but they are great dont make me feel sick.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:35 AM   #13

mpsweetie77 HB User

I've been taking the GNC Prenatal vits. I started out before even conceiving by taking some generic ones...but once i got pg i had to switch cause they were making me sooooo sick (and so that i couldn't well you know...have a bm - t.m.i., huh?). Anyway the GNC ones have been working great, that and I take them right before I get into bed...I don't care if it's been 4 hrs. since I had dinner, I sleep (well as much as I can at this point) through any ickyness they might make me feel.

Closed Thread