It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2004, 08:12 AM   #1
(female)

daze_duke HB User
Question 30-31 wks. wondering about early labor HELP!!

undefined

Hello, new here looking for some advice. First let me explain my situation. I am between 30-31 weeks pregnant. This is my second child , but nothing has been like the first. At my 5 mo. ultrsoung , they discovered that I had placenta previa. At 6 months I had bleeding occur and was told to take it easy and of course no intercourse. Just 2 weeks ago I woke up at 10 pm with pains and cramping. They were tolerable, but worried me, since I was only about 28 weeks. At 12 mid. they became more severe and felt like contractions to me, I had them for 20 min, at about 10 min. apart and then they disapeared. I had an appointment 2 days later, but the Dr. was not in and I saw a nurse prac. She just did the usual measuring and heartbeat. When I told her about what I had experianced she just said, "oh, it was probably braxton hicks, you'll be fine. too early for anything else". Okay, but I've never had braxton hicks bring me to my knees in pain, like that last 20 minn. She made my apt. for 3 weeks later, Jan. 11th to have another ultrasound to see if my placenta has moved or not. Now for the past couple days I have been uncomfortable and experiancing the cramping throughout the day litely and they increase in pain at night causing me to curl up in a ball. That will last about an hour or so and then just go away, or maybe I just fall asleep! These pains are not any special amount of minn. apart or anything... just random. My hospital is nearly 2 hours away from me, so I am a little worried about thse being some sort of contraction , or even the possibiltiy of me being in som sort of walking labor, or even starting to dialate. Is there anyway to tell youself if you are dialating ? Since I haven't had a pelvic exam, it worries me. I don't want to go all the way to the hospital some night to be told to drive all the way back home. I also don't want to have the Dr. tell me that I'm just getting these pains because I am being to active... he told me that when I was having a little cramping 2 weeks after my bleeding occured. I had them just at night then for just a little bit, and not too painful. I really hate to be worrying over nothing... but I have this strange feeling and I din't know what to do. Any advice anybody has will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by daze_duke; 12-30-2004 at 08:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2004, 08:19 AM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: 30-31 wks. wondering about early labor HELP!!

They should of done a pelvic exam when you when. Do you feel like your in labor? have you began to lose any of your mucus plug that you know of? When was the last time you were checked? and were you dialated any?
You could be going into early labpor. I would either call them and tell them you need to go in today and be checked out period !! Or go to the hospital. With it being that far away you wouldnt want to risk being at home and in labor. Good luck.

Closed Thread