It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2004, 07:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User
20 wk us and they said he has a slightly large pelvic renal

I went in and everything looked good but when my doc was going over the u/s she said that the only thing they said was that one of the renal pelvic something or another which was the collecting sack in the kidney was slightly enlarged. That was not even the word she used. She said do not worry about it because it could be fine next week and most of the time when she sees that it is fine. It still worries me. I feel like I did not get enough imformation from her before I left. Has anyone ever had that prognosis on their u/s?????????????The word they used was something starting with a p instead of enlarged.

Old 12-30-2004, 11:09 AM   #2
(female)

fouradss HB User
Re: 20 wk us and they said he has a slightly large pelvic renal

I;m not sure what it was called, but I do know that when my SIL was prego with my niece she had something show in the kidneys. They werent' sure if it was a blockage or what it was. They did an ultrasound 4-6 weeks later and it was gone. I guess a lot of times things in the kidneys clear themselves up. McKenna was born healthy despite all of the prenatal issues she had. Hopefully your little one will do the same.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 08:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User
Re: 20 wk us and they said he has a slightly large pelvic renal

Was it a boy? My other doctor said that it is more common to find in baby boys. He said that it could just be that he has a little urine that can't be released and it has caused minor swelling. He also said that it will probably just go away on it's own. I talked to the doctor again because I was freaking out and she said that I have other things to worry about like a car seat, crib, ect.... She said that should be occupying my mind more. That made me feel better.

Closed Thread