It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2004, 08:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User
22wks and feeling the baby a ton now!It was all the sudden.

Anyone else about 22 wks feeling the baby a lot now? It was like turning on a light. It went from nothing to a ton. The baby at 20 wks and 3 days was 15 oz. Is that normal?

Old 12-30-2004, 08:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: 22wks and feeling the baby a ton now!It was all the sudden.

I am 23 weeks on Saturday. When are you due? I am due April 30th. This is my 2nd pregnancy, so I felt this one move sooner than my first. She is moving around quite a bit, but thankfully, not hard enough to be painful except for every once in a great while. I still laugh when I'm all by myself, minding my own business when from out of nowhere I get kicked in the gut with no warning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2004, 08:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User

I am due on may7th. I feel him a ton. It is cool. I wonder what they are doing in there. Some times I swear he is doing a complete summer sault. I waited so long to feel this and it is nice to finally know there is something in there.

Old 12-30-2004, 11:02 AM   #4
(female)

Zazzaz HB User

Once I started feeling the baby move (at 17 weeks), it became just about non-stop. It's really wild and fun, eh? I know it's normal to feel really active movements, and then to not feel anything for a day or two every so often. I'll miss it if I have a quiet day.

One week after I started feeling it, it became strong enough that my husband could feel it. Now, at week 19, if I'm spooning my husband, he can feel the kicks in his back - they're that strong. Either the baby is moving while sleeping, or it only sleeps for an hour or two at a stretch, because it's rare to go longer than that without feeling movement.

It seems like the movements are different for anyone. I've heard one person describe it as feeling like a little drunken sailor is in there. Lot's of movements in random places. jessy28, it sounds like you're feeling it all over the place, too. Mine moves in a really repetitive way. It's like the baby discovers an arm, and is in there going, "Woo-hoo, I have an arm! Go arm!" and I feel the same type of movement in the same place for an hour or two. Then later, baby discovers a leg, "Woo-hoo, I have a leg! Go leg!" and I feel one movement over and over in a different location.

I only feel the movements against the front of my abdomen. jmcummins3, are you also feeling them toward your back?

Old 12-30-2004, 04:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

I love that feeling! I am 22 1/2 weks, and have felt movement since I was 14 weeks. They get stronger and stronger everyday! Last night, he was poking at my bladder, and I had to keep running to the bathroom, thinking I was going to have an accident, and nothing came out! That is the only unpleasant thing so far.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:13 PM   #6

Alleyne HB User

Love feeling my little girl. My hubby can feel her now as well which is a lot of fun. He jiggled my tummy the other night and she kicked him so hard back that we laughed.

Wow! 15oz.. my girl at 20weeks 0days was only 8oz.. hehe..

Old 12-31-2004, 12:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Max, our baby A, discovered my hipbone this morning. I have no idea how the heck he's all the way down there, but he's been pushing the heck out of it all day!

I noticed a HUGE jump in movement between weeks 22 and 23. Early week 22 was like "Oooh- I felt something. I wonder if that was a baby?" Week 23 was like "Holy crap- the babies just almost punched through my stomach!!" The difference for me was huge. Now at 25.5 weeks I feel them all the time. I already starting to think of how sad it will be when they AREN'T in my belly anymore! Isn't that silly? I know I'll "miss" them, though, even though they'll be right in front of me!

Closed Thread