It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2004, 01:13 AM   #1

Scared222 HB User
Lightbulb How many months am I

Im confused.

Im Due May 6th. How many months pregnant am I? I thought 5, because im in my 22nd week today (fri) So I thought 5 months and 2 weeks, am I wrong? Someone told me I was in my 6th month, and now im lost. If anyone can clear this up for me I would appreciate it. I was counting by the weeks 4 weeks-1 month
8 weeks 2 months. I dont know...

Also why [ question removed - questions for the moderator by email only ]

Last edited by moderator2; 12-31-2004 at 10:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2004, 06:16 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User
Re: How many months am I

Hi, If you are 22weeks pregnant then you are 5 1/2 months pregnant. The way you can figure it and keep your weeks right on with your OB is to start counting the weeks from the FIRST DAY of your LMP. Sometimes you can get a little off track compared to what your OB says due to the simple fact that there could be a slight discrepancy depending on what your early ultrasound shows.

When you first get pregnant and go to the doctor they will give you a due date based on your LMP. This date can change slightly after having an early ultrasound. Early ultrasounds are the most accurate for determining a due date.

Hoped this helped some and didnt confuse you even more.

ValleyGurl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2004, 07:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -
The months of pregnancy in the medical world are based on 4 week lunar (cycle of the moon) month, not the calendar month. The usual is a 40 week, or 10 lunar month, pregnancy.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Last edited by moderator2; 12-31-2004 at 10:12 AM. Reason: removed off topic info

Old 12-31-2004, 08:41 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User

Hello Scared! It is SO CONFUSING to figure out weeks/months, etc!
I have a somewhat easy way to figure out the exact "length we have traveled through our pregnancy." Since we are 22 weeks, divide that by 4, since there are 4 weeks in a month....it gives you 5.5 (months) Same with 24 weeks, 6 (months). Hope that helps. And I had to write because you and I are due on the SAME DAY!!! CONGRATS! Happy new year!!!!!!

Last edited by moderator2; 12-31-2004 at 10:13 AM. Reason: removed off topic info

Old 12-31-2004, 08:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

You are right in your counting. I think the person is figuing that you are in your 6th month (you haven't ********** it as 6 months yet because you have not completed 6 full months), not that you have completed 6 months of pregnancy. When you count, you start out in your 1st month but don't count it as one month until the end of the 4th week. Does that make sense? It is an odd way of counting it and it is easier and makes more sense the way you are counting, so I'd just go with that.

Old 12-31-2004, 08:58 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

saraht1 HB User

Just to make things simpler....go by weeks. An average gestational period is 40 weeks. By all the math here that puts it at 10 months but some months have just over 4 weeks in it so it ends up 9 months on a standard calendar.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:06 AM   #7
Inactive

Regina21 HB User

Scared I have the same problem. I have no idea how many months I am. All i know is that i'm in the my 20 something week. If anyone could tell me it would be so helpful. I can't do all that thinking back week stuff. My orig. due date is set at April 25th and then after the ultrasound it was said May 3rd, but they said they were gonna go ahead and keep the April 28th date. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a bunch!

Old 12-31-2004, 11:03 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I think it's easier to keep track of weeks. I numbered the weeks on my calendar so I don't have to think back and count. It's been helpful for phone calls to the doctor with general questions to just look at the calendar and tell them how far along I am. DH doesn't read my pregnancy books often, but occasionally he'll ask what week I'm in and pick up my Your Pregnancy Week By Week book and read for that week. To figure it out in months, I would just divide the weeks by 4.

Old 12-31-2004, 02:03 PM   #9

Scared222 HB User

Thank you all!
I'll just keep counting by weeks lol It confuses me. I dont see why they say IM in my 6th month, but not 6 months, ugh its just confusing. When they say im in my 6th month it makes me feel further along and i get excited LOL.

I cant wait untill May. I was just thinking it seems like yesterday I found out I was 6 1/2 weeks along, and now im 22 weeks! It went so quick and to know I only have not even really half of that left to go! I just hope it goes quick like the last 16 weeks! Packerfan4ever are you having a girl or a boy? Im having a boy! Congrats! Congrats to everyone!!

Old 12-31-2004, 02:30 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

I think they probably say you are in your 6th month because, to make it simpler I will use this example: If you were only 3 weeks pregnant you would be in your 1st month even though you have not yet been pregnant for 1 month. So as someone approaches the one month mark they are in their 1st month, even if they have only been pregnant for 3 weeks. Does that make sense?

So since you are approaching the 6 month mark you are in your sixth month. After you have been pregnant for an actual 6 months then you will be entering into your 7th month.

I agree just to go by weeks - but I hope this explanation has helped anyway.

~Laura~

Old 12-31-2004, 03:50 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

REGINA21, Hi There, if you are using April 28th as your due date then as of today, Friday December 31st, you are 23 weeks 1 day.

Hope this helps, good luck! ValleyGurl

Old 12-31-2004, 04:33 PM   #12
Inactive

Regina21 HB User

Thank you so very much!

Old 01-03-2005, 03:12 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User

Hey Scared! I have NO CLUE what my dh and I are having! We wanted to find out, but at the last U/S the baby was sleeping and wouldn't move much to get a good look. Now we have NO MORE U/S's scheduled. I suposed if I go and fall on the nice fresh ice we just got from our ice storm I could get one out of that! KIDDING!!! Like I really walk on it! I make dh go out!
BUT it will be nice to have a surprise as well.
May 6th can't come soon enough!!!

Old 01-03-2005, 03:14 PM   #14

Alleyne HB User

Hey Packerfan...

Could you just pay for another u/s out of pocket?

Closed Thread