It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2004, 08:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User
pregnant with twins!

HI everyone..
My dh and i have been ttc for over 2.5 years we had to deal with infertility issues and got pregnant after our 2nd IUI...that ended in m/c but we had 2 IUI's after and now I'm pregnant....anyways i had a 6 week ultrasound yesterday because I was spotting and had a backache.....The u/s tech told me there were 2 for sure and showed me the heartbeats! I was soo amazed!
I'm just wondering if the chance for m/c goes down now because of the heartbeats?
I pray that my little ones keep growing and are healthy!
S

Old 12-31-2004, 08:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: pregnant with twins!

Congratulations!!!!! How exciting!!!! I would assume that the chances of miscarriage go down when there are heartbeats. Good luck with your pregnancy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2004, 09:43 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

stacydl HB User

S-
Congratulations on your twins! I am so happy for you. I know what it's like to struggle with infertility, it took us three years and after the fourth IUI we're finally 10 weeks along with our first. I think we spoke on the IF boards so I probably told you that already.
Just to answer your question, I heard that the chances of miscarriage are reduced once a heartbeat is detected to between 2-5% which is really good. I know how hard it is not to worry, but the chances of having a healthy baby are very good (two healthy babies for you!) once they detect the heartbeat. I had spotting too about a week and a half ago and it scared me to death. Thank God the ultrasound showed a strong heartbeat and everything looked fine. They say once they see a heartbeat it's very reassuring and although it's not 100%, it's most likely everything will turn out fine.
Best wishes for a happy healthy 9 months! Congratulations!
Stacy

Old 12-31-2004, 10:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Congratulations, 2 little pieces of heaven for you! Goodluck and keep us posted on your journey through pregnancy.
Best wishes.

Old 12-31-2004, 12:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

I've heard something a little different about the m/c statistic after seeing the heartbeat. The chance of m/c goes down if you see the heartbeat AFTER 10 weeks. That seems to be the one I hear quoted most often, but I'm sure you'll be fine either way!

I am also expecting twins. Ours are identical and due in March. How are you feeling? Any morning sickness yet? I was sooo sick starting around 6 weeks until about 12-13 weeks. Not alot of vomiting, just a terrible icky nausea. What's weird is it seemed so terrible at the time, but now it seems only like a vague memory. If you are feeling bad, just hold on to the idea that it gets SOOO good eventually.

We found out we were having twins because I had some spotting at 6w5d. I know they say no spotting is normal, but it is definitely common, so try your hardest not to worry.

I am so expert, but if you have any questions for me, please let me know. One other woman on here, cee22, is also expecting twins, but she hasn't posted for a while. I think it's just us three around here!

Congratulations and good luck with everything!

Old 12-31-2004, 05:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

Hi everyone..thank you for your responses!
I'm feeling fine...just sore bbs. I wish I was feeling more nauseous so I know everything is ok. I heard the sicker you are the better the pregnancy. I doubt that's totally true but everyone I've known who's been pregnant has had morning sickness day or night.
I've been tired probably due to the fact that i wake up everyday now at 3:30am and can't fall back to sleep...after a few hours of tossing and turning I get back to sleep and then in the afternoon i sleep for a couple of more hours.
I pray that my little ones are healthy and everything stays ok!
How are you all feeling?
S

Old 12-31-2004, 06:06 PM   #7
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I had twin girls back in 01. My son was four months old when I found out. I know the shock and joy at the same time. Once you get a routine it's pretty easy. I hope your little babies "stick" around for a long time. I had mine at 37-38 weeks because I couldn't take the pressure anymore. I'm here anytime if you need questions answered. Congrats. Let us know what the sex is...we can help pick out names!!! yippee!!!

Old 12-31-2004, 06:08 PM   #8
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I wasn't sick with my son, But deathly ill from my girls I think due to the hormones. Maybe it's two boys!!! They will make you sick later......hahahaha right around 16 or 17 yrs old.

Old 01-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

Congratulations to you Soulcatcher!
I also hope that they stick around for awhile!
I'm glad to hear that you weren't sick with one of your pregnancies..I don't feel so worried now!
What do you mean about the pressure? I'm guessing it's because there were 2 and you get bigger.
Thank you for your thoughts and I will let you know how things are going!
S

Old 01-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Congratulations to both you and dh, i hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months

Closed Thread