It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

mommi4desiree HB User
Angry c-section

well ive been stupid and reading a lot about c-sections and the reasons for them..i have a hugee feeling that im going to end up having one and im sooo scared.. ive seen pictures and it makes me wanna cry to think about that.. =/ ughh..well the reason why i think that im going to have to get a c-section is because im only diated to 2cm and the only reason why im even that far is because my doctor did the membrane sweep.. we tried pitocin for plenty of hours that didnt do anything at all!!!! hmm support please..

Old 01-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #2

Alleyne HB User
Re: c-section

Sometimes it is just a waiting game. I know it is easy for me to say... but be patient.

Is the baby stressing at all? If he isn't just wait... it'll come. Don't have an unnecessary c-section just because you are not progressing as quickly as you think you should be.

How long have you been in labor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #3
(female)

mommi4desiree HB User

ive been in labor for 2 weeks..early early labor..but i mean ive been having contractions for 2 weeks they are just not doing anything..i had a membrane sweep and was induced still didnt work =/

my due date 1/3/2005

Old 01-01-2005, 05:18 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

After a membrane sweep don't they give you so many days like 2 or 3 to have the baby naturally and if you don't they take it c section caz of the risk of infection?

When did you have the membrane sweep and induction done? Maybe your dr will suggest cervidil (sp?) or perhaps you could bring it up!?! Its like a little pill on a string that they stick up in you and helps soften the cervix. I had the cervidil, pitocin, membrane sweep, and everything to help me progress, but only dilated to 3cm after 30 hours of labor so I ended up with c section...sorry I'm sure you didn't want to hear that, but everyone is different and I kind of knew from the middle of pregnancy that I probably wouldn't have mine natural caz my baby was to big for my body! Either way good luck!!!!

Old 01-01-2005, 05:39 PM   #5
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I had a vaginal with my first and a vaginal with my first twin then the second twin came and they said "nope we have to go in and take this one" so they did. Funny thing is that I refused to read about C-sections...I never thought I would have to have one.It's not that bad. You don't feel a thing. The worst part is the healing. It sucks the first day and I will be honest. You may not even want to talk. But the second day you'll be a bit better. Take it slow, You can hold your baby but that's it!! Make sure you have help for a bit...at least a week or two. Don't be scared..... it is so easy to handle because all your going to think about is your baby. I hope you have a healthy and happy baby!!!!

Last edited by Soulcatcher; 01-01-2005 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Mispell

Old 01-02-2005, 07:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User

i just wanted to add that a c section isnt so bad, i never had one but my friend did and she was so pleased with it, her scar is soooo tiny you have to get right up close to see it and it is right above her bikini line. she was happy she didnt have to go through all the vaginal delivery labor pain, and i have been there!!! ouchy.

Old 01-03-2005, 04:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

I would say don't cry over it (not so easy to do with all these preggo hormones ) A c-section is not a walk in the park, but it's not the end of the world. Any way that the baby enters the world is going to hurt in one way or another. Yes, is takes longer to recover, but it's ok as long as you have some help. Try not to let the pictures scare you, because you don't feel it. I look at pictures of babies crowning and I feel the same way as you do! I'm pretty happy that I'm having another c-section!

Old 01-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I havent' had one, but my friend had one with her last baby, and she said it really wasnt' that bad, however she also went through labor and then had to have an emergency c-sectin and she said it was alot worse because of that! But it was over very quickly. She did have alot of trouble with her incsision, but only because she wouldn't do what she was told, lol. But she healed from it nicely after all that.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:35 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I have had 3 c-sections. With my 1st I was induced & just could not dialate. I was in labor for 10 hours but nothing was happening. They even had to break my water for me. My daughter just didn't want to come out. Her heartbeat kept going down (the cord had gotten wrapped around her neck) so since I obviously wasn't going to have the baby on my own the performed a emergency c-section. My 2 other c-sections were scheduled 2 weeks before my due date & this one will be too. I was awake for the 1st 2 & put to sleep with the last. I will also be put to sleep with this c-section. There really not as scary as people think. Not for me anyways. I would think pushing a baby out is more scary but that's just me...lol.

Good Luck!
Chris

Old 01-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

I agree with the posters about the C-section (of course by now maybe you've already had the baby?). I was terrified of a C-section and refused to believe I would need one. Two weeks before my due date I found out my baby was breech and I was so upset, I consulted every doctor I could about a possible version (where they turn the baby), etc. I couldn't imagine them cutting into me while I was still awake. Anyway, about 10 minutes into the proceedure, I no longer cared AT ALL about what happened to me, all I cared about was my baby and was she OK and healthy. Its wierd how that mommy instinct comes automatically. I've heard horror stories on both sides, and a lot of my girlfriends have told me their natural birth stories, and that doesn't sound too pleasant either! I'm having another scheduled C-setion in June even though my doctor told me I have a choice. I don't think child birth is pleasant either way, but what is most important is a healthy mom and baby. Best wishes!!!!!!!

Closed Thread