It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #1
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User
Talking June Mommies #2

Thought I would start a second thread for us. I have sciatica and this is the first time I've been able to hobble down to the basement. I pinched my sciatic nerve somehow on Wednesday and have been pretty much bed ridden since then. I did go to the chiropractor yesterday, though. I have to go back on Monday to discuss treatment for it. Not fun. Has anyone else had this?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Nicole
EDD 6/29/05
Isaiah 5/21/99
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2005, 09:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: June Mommies #2

i have had it for a while now, it comes and goes, but it really hurts when it is here!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 04:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

Hi y'all. I have not posted in awhile. Just thought I would check in on everyone and bring my situation up to date. I am still always worried about the baby being okay. I think I am in my 17th week now. I had some cramping and stuff about 2 weeks ago and really panicked but the dr is always saying that is normal or everything is fine. Because he always says that I am getting nervous. I am waiting for something to go wrong. I am still not over the morning sickness thing and I get depressed over how poorly I feel all the time. Anyway on the 20th we have our next ultrasound and we can not wait to find out if it is a boy or girl. I also have been feeling the baby moving around in there. I think the kid has aerobics class from 9am to 11am everyday. It is kinda funny. I also am starting to feel fat. I am a size 6 and always had a flat stomach. Well now I don't although everyone says they can not see it. I do because nothing fits and maternity clothes are way too big. None of my pants fit in the waist. I don't want to buy clothes now and then more later when I get bigger. I would hate to spend all that money. So for now I feel fat and uncomfortable. I am always hungry and I don't want to eat so much but I figure if I am hungry I better eat it would not be good to starve the baby. Plus my weight so far is right on target at 16 wks I had gained 4 lbs. I think that covers it all. I hope everyone had a good holiday and is doing good.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I am having the same clothing problems! All my old clothes are too small and the maternity stuff is too big! I did buy some sweat pants outfits, they are nice enough to be worn out in public, and i have been wearing those, but we have been having a warm snap and I have had nothign to wear! I haven't gained any weight yet at 16 weeks, but i still have the mornign sickness too but I am eatign all the time, or at least it feels like it! I have felt the baby move a few times, I think. About two weeks ago I was washing dishes and had my stomach against the counter reaching for something and felt a fluttery feeling, which sounded like what everyone described as moving, and then a week later, we were trying to find the baby with the doppler we have and we couldn't find it, well my husband was pressing on my stomach and I felt that feelign again, and I said try there and there was the baby! then two days ago, again when we were usign the doppler, we keep hearing these sounds like somethign is hittign the doppler from inside, has anyone else heard that? But anyway at the same time we heard that I felt a distinct jab in my stomach at that spot, and I know it had to be a foor or soemthing! I haven't felt it since then, but we listen to it everyday with the doppler!

Old 01-04-2005, 09:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

You ladies are too funny! I'm 15 weeks along (can you believe how fast this is going), and I have already gained about 10 pounds! I know that is terrible, I am about 5 pounds over. I gained 33 pounds with my DD, so I am hoping not to gain any more than that with this one. I thought I felt movement last week, but I read that it is really rare to feel anything before 14 weeks (must have been gas). I can't wait for my ultrasound either, I am so excited! The only thing is, for personal reasons, there is a chance my DH will not be able to attend. That totally bums me out. I should know around the 21st. I can't imagine going by myself. But, I don't really want anybody else there, so I think I will just go by myself. But then I can't decide if I should find out the sex or wait. The other thing I am stressed about is that we only have 3 bedrooms. I have my 13 month old DD, and an 8 1/2 year old step daughter who stays with us every other weekend. I really don't trust putting my DD with my stepdaughter because I am afraid she will pull her out of the crib in the morning or middle of the night before I get there and then forget about her. Anybody else have this situation?

Old 01-04-2005, 07:49 PM   #6
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

You sound like me to a T! I had to go to my first ultrasound alone because my dh started a new job 2 days before and couldn't get it off. I want to know the sex of the baby, but he doesn't, so I will be finding that out by myself. I have a stepdaughter and a son, and I'm not comfortable with her being alone in a room with the baby every other weekend. Right now though, we only have 2 bedrooms and my stepdd and ds have bunkbeds for right now. I can only hope it will work out for the best.

Nicole
EDD 6/29/05
Isaiah 5/21/99

Old 01-06-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

Nicole, how old is your stepdaughter and son? I feel so much better after mentioning this. I thought I was just being parinoid. My stepdaugher just has a limited attention span. We can convert to a four bedroom, but its going to cost a lot of money. I'm still trying to convince DH to do it though.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:22 PM   #8

shortformofjane HB User

Hey everyone! i am around 18 weeks and this monday we are finding out the sex of the baby, I cant wait! My hubby didnt want to find out in the beginning but he is getting really excited about it and wants to find out now. I also was having a problem with the clothes thing, everything seems to be getting a little tight now, I am normally a size 4 and all the maternity clothes i have tried on just wernt fitting right. But let me tell you ladies, I went to the baby gap the other day and they have the best maternity clothes there, I found some jeans that i can wear right now, they are so comfy. They have size XS so it is a great place if you are skinny to begin with like me. They also have bigger sizes and their stuff is just so cute!! and the prices are good too.
CHOW!

Old 01-06-2005, 06:06 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

shortformofjane - I just purchased some maternity clothes from the gap myself and they are fitting the best so far. They fit great. I love the jeans. Even if they are almost $60 a pair. I am not really fitting in my jeans and I got the jeans from there for 3-6 months and they are still too big on me in the waist. I guess I have to hang in there. But I do love the way they look. I ordered them in an 8 I guess I should have gotten a 6.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:26 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

Good advice, I didn't know that Baby Gap had maternity clothes! I'm getting a little tired of Old Navy and Motherhood around here! Any other suggestions? Mimi Maternity is awesome, but soooo expensive!

Old 01-09-2005, 01:31 PM   #11
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

Jody~
My step dd is 12 and my son is 5. Frankly, I would trust him before her. Is that bad of me? I just know that she is capable of some shady activity, and would hate to walk in to find her trying to take care of the baby in a way that I NEVER would. I dunno, I might be paranoid as well. She just doesn't listen and thinks that she can get away with everything around here.

Old 01-10-2005, 07:33 PM   #12
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

Thought I'd bump this up!

Old 01-11-2005, 08:16 AM   #13
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

Nicole, no, I totally understand what you mean. I am terrified of the same thing. We can lay down rules like "DO NOT TAKE THE BABY OUT OF THE CRIB", but I know she will anyway. I am terrified about what to do. DH says its going to cost about $10,000 to put the new bedroom in, and we can't afford that right now (or ever ). He thinks I'm being paranoid, but she already almost killed her by swinging the chandallier in our dining room around over her until it fell. My MIL was watching them, and she left them together to take a shower (I never leave them alone). Thank GOD the chandeallier was held up by the electrical wiring. That's just one example. And SD didn't even feel bad, she was like, "I wasn't swinging it that hard." She shouldn't have been swinging it AT ALL! She just doesn't use common sense. She'll be 9 by the time the baby is born, but I don't think she'll ever grow out of this.

OK, starting to worry about if the baby is OK, are you ladies? I have my next appointment Friday - can't wait to hear the heartbeat!!!

Old 01-13-2005, 04:30 PM   #14
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

I go through panicky times about the baby being ok! Since my morning sickness is finally going away, I get worried about not having symptoms of being pregnant. Other than my clothes not fitting right, there really isn't any symptom. I do feel the baby move once in awhile, then I wonder if it's my mind playing tricks on me. I don't go to the dr. for another week & 1/2.

My SD thinks that she runs the show around here, but she is sneaky about it. Like, she'll hear us tell my 5 y/o NOT to do something then talk him into doing it (I've actually heard this) and then when my dh yells, she says "See, I told you not to do that". I was STUNNED! She is very...umm....shady at times. She tries to get away with lies and start trouble with my son. I'm sorry if this is complaining or it sounds like I am just cold hearted towards her, I don't mean to. I do love her, but I think it's because she's my husbands child and I knew from the beginning that it was a package deal. I put up with it for him, and keep my mouth shut whenever possible. Blending a family is not fun. My son was from a previous relationship, so we have that double whammy going on. It'll be interesting to see how this baby grows up.

Whoa! Enough of that! I had to vent, sorry moms! (Must be the hormones )

Nicole
EDD 6/29/05
Isaiah 5/21/99

Old 01-14-2005, 05:44 PM   #15
(female)

Karen62705 HB User

JodyC,

Since your husband is unable to go to the ultrasound, why don't you have them write down the sex, and seal it in an envelope. Then you and your husband could go out to dinner or something else special and open it togeather. That way you can find out at the same time, and it will be just as special. Just a sugestion for ya!

I will find out on the 18th what I am having, and I can't wait!!!

Karen

Closed Thread