It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
may mommas~9~

Starting a new thread others too long.
May~6 tulipdawn(Sarah)(boy),Packerfan4ever
May 8th~~Carrie- (boy)
May 11th - tmarsh, Alleyne ( girl)
May 14~ CUtigress (girl),Ducki (boy)

May~18 Holly-Lynn (boy)
MAY 22~Jenn.e
May 23~thomps11 (dawn)(surprise sex), Zazzaz

May 25~ Emily'smamma (boy)
May~26~twotulips (sarah)
May 30~~ Mommaboyz (girl) Bananna,Chrissi(boy) ,Jsiplon (girl)

Last edited by mommaboyz; 01-09-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ducki979 HB User
Re: may mommas~9~

cutigress and mommaboyz....good luck at your u/s this week...im sure you will post as soon as you get home!!

mommaboyz...i really hope that the bh subside tonight so you can get some sleep....i went thru that about 3 weeks ago, but they subsided and havent come back since....doc could find nothing else wrong...no infections....no dehydration...nothing!...but like i said..they went away!

this little peanut has been kicking me constantly day and night....i actually got woken up the other night by a big ole poke....dont get me wrong....i love feeling him move, but PLEASE let me sleep!!!

i have had a rather crappy new year! i was hired for a new job two weeks ago...and started training on monday (even though i felt like crap (my dad had the flu on christmas...guess what i got))....well, by tuesday, i was throwing up and had a temp of 101 and i spent all night trying to get it under 100....so what choice did i have but to call in (it looks worse than it sounds...i have been working at this place since november, but my position was temporary and i had been hired full time with benefits in another department)...so needless to say, i was out tuesday, and wasnt scheduled in that department again until sunday (that would be today)....well on friday (when i was starting to feel half human again) my boss in the dept i was temp in asked me if i could come in cover a six hour shift ...i said sure.
i went in..and wasnt there a half hour when another employee asked me what was going on because she had been approached about the position i had just started training in.....my head was spinning.....here's why!.....i was never called by the manager, and i was never approached (i had seen her when i came in on friday)...BUT....on monday when i was upstairs training in my new dept.....she pulls me aside and says..."Are you pregnant?" (I know she cant ask this, but i cant hide that i am at this point either)...so i answer..."yes"....she then asks me..."When are you due?" (I am still agreeing with you reading this....she cant ask these questions)...but i answer anyways..."May"....then....kinda nasty, she says to me..."Thats not a long time to work" (what am i supposed to do...defend myself???)...so i just say "It is 5 months away"...and she says..."No..its four months, but whatever"...and walks away....i dont see her or talk to her for the rest of the day (again...this is on monday)
back to friday....so i find this new info out in the morning....she never comes to talk to me...and when i check the schedule for that dept...i am not on it for next week.....so when i was leaving...i went to see her...and ask why i am not on the schedule....after a very brief conversation, and my asking her if i have been terminated...she"explains" to me that i called out on the second day and i have been terminated.....sounds like she found an easy excuse to not keep me on......what do you think?......(this IS the whole story)
i have had a few days to think somewhat clearly....i will be calling corporate human resources on monday and i have already scheduled a meeting with the store manager for wed (the store is between managers(one retired thurs and the new one starts on wed))
any feedback would really be appreciated....but i already know i have a big problem....now i dont have a job!

talk to you all soon
(and sorry for being so long)

Cara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Cara- my gosh, I am so sorry. This really sounds sucky to me, but most of all, illegal. You did the right thing by scheduling meetings, but you may want to talk to someone who knows something about the laws in your state regarding this. This place sounds crazy! I know it may be scary losing your job at this stage, but something will come up, you've got to believe it will. Good luck, and let me know if there are any new developments.

Carrie

Old 01-02-2005, 07:09 PM   #4
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I agree Cara Your taking all the right steps now. Let us know what happens with it. She really sounds like a witch you want me to come and beat her up for you???

Old 01-02-2005, 07:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User

hi momma- i posted in the last may mommys thread but i didnt see this one....opps...i cant wait till know what your baby is!!!!! i am sooooooooooo excited!!!!!!

ducki---i agree, call a local lawyer and ask what the laws are so you know your stuff when you go into the meetings.....or you can probably find some info about this online.....
but this will pass and as someone else said, something will come up for you.

Old 01-03-2005, 02:30 AM   #6
(female)

TulipDawn HB User

Ducki - This sounds like a definate lawsuit in the making. Make sure you go in knowing your stuff. I have never been fired for being pregnant but I was fired for joining the national guard. If you have a copy of an employmee handbook (if they gave you one), look throughly through it and read on their policies for calling in sick. If you saw and md for being as sick as you were make sure you contact the md's office and request a statement from them. I that it might sound like a huge climb up the ladder but like everyone else has said you made the right first steps in scheduling those meetings.

Sarah

Old 01-03-2005, 05:50 AM   #7
(female)

tmarsh HB User

That definitely sounds like a lawsuit. She (the manager or whoever that witch was) may have gotten away with it had she not asked you about your pregnancy, but since she did, the implication is that you were fired for being pregnant. I would at least go on-line and find out what the laws are in your state and like Sarah said see what the handbook says on the call-in policy.

Can they even fire you without warning, and apparently without notifying you b/c you had to ask about it. Why would they not tell you and why would they have to wait for you to ask them? That doesn't even sound right.

Let us know what happens.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #8
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

its a....................................... ...........GIRL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! can you bleieve it??? im soooo excited right now I cant even think straight. dh and I were both crying like little babies when she told us it was a gilr. no mistaking it. She bared it all. she is a little smaller than normal shes 8oz. but they said it was fine she may be smaller than my others... whew im so relieved I didnt sleep all night for worrieng so much.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:45 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

ducki979 HB User

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!.mommaboyz......that is wonderful.....

.......and may is definitely not a boys only month!!!!!!!!!

you must be so tickled PINK!!!!

Congratulations hun!!!!!!!!

Cara

Old 01-03-2005, 11:10 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are going to have so much fun with this little girl! I can't imagine how you are feeling right now! Chalk another girl up on the list, does that make 2 or 3 now?

Cara- Anything new today with work?

Old 01-03-2005, 11:17 AM   #11

Alleyne HB User

WOOHOO! IT's a GIRL! I am so happy for you!

My little girl was only 8oz as well... so perhaps it is just a girl thing.. hehe.

Any more ideas on why you are having BH contractions though?

Old 01-03-2005, 11:48 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

ducki979 HB User

well...just a brief update about work....nothing new yet...i have been on the phone all morning with the store i work in(in massachusetts), and human resources (corporate in both utah and texas) and have a headache.
the store i am (or was...still unsure) working at is between store managers, and the new manager starts on wed, but i really feel that this needs to be started before he shows up...i am sure he would handle things swiftly, however, i cannot, and will not let this drag out until wed or thurs of this week....the ball needs to start rolling sooner than that.
I still have no answers and i am awaiting another phone call from utah in a little bit.
the problem is two-fold....
-the manager should not have questioned me about my pregnancy at all
-i have been wrongfully terminated (with no information and i was told by another employee, NOT a manager)
....then the problem becomes bigger in that the two in turn end up hand in hand and just becomes a nightmare.

I will keep you updated as things transpire

Cara

Old 01-03-2005, 12:56 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

Mommaboyz - Congrats on your girl. Is that girl number two for the May mothers?

I don't have any new news. Hope everyone is doing well...

Old 01-03-2005, 02:13 PM   #14
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Yes its #2 now I think. As far as the contractons no idea why nope. He didnt seemed worried though like you would think. I told him I wanted meds to stop them and he gave me an RX so now at least I can stop them if I need to to make myself feel better if nothing else. I hope 8oz means she will be a little smaller then. My 2 yr old was over 8. a big boy. lol7 is perfect im rooting for that.

Old 01-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #15
(female)

thomps11 HB User

Wow... Congrats Mommaboyz Im soooo happy for your family!
I just wanted to let you know that! Awesome news!

Cara.. Sorry to hear about what is going on with you.. talk about stress that you dont need! Good luck I hope you made some progress today over that mess! Keep your head up!

Closed Thread