It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2005, 04:13 PM   #1

SweetNovember21 HB User
Worried

Hello all

I am almost 23 weeks along. I am beginning to worry. I have been feeling my baby on and off for weeks now. On christmas eve baby was really moving alot for a little while. Ever since its just once in a while thumps. Am I just being paranoid or should I be feeling more by now? Alot of people mention how their baby is rolling over and kicking them etc. (on another board I was looking at) They keep talking about how the baby kicks the remote off their stomach. etc.. I am worried I should be feeling that kind of movement already should I be? Do you think my baby is ok? Is it normal to still not feel the baby all the time? I feel left out here. Im not over weight to the point to where Iwouldnt feel it, because I do feel thumps sometimes but not quite like everyone else is talking about. please tell me im just a paranoid person! Lastnight I think the baby kicked me in my bladder, because all of sudden I had this bad urge to pee lol Im wondering if thats how i would know the baby kicked me in the bladder too???
Melissa

Old 01-02-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
(female)

kdiez HB User
Re: Worried

I'm 20 weeks and my baby moves, but not all the time. You are feeling something, so don't compare yourself with other mom's. Not all babies are so active.
Try not to worry too much. Always remember your doctor is there for you and don't be afraid to call them if you have concerns. I'm sure you're not the first to call about this and if you need reasuring, you need it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2005, 07:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

My doctor told me if i was worried about movement. To eat something and then lay on my left side and count kicks. I did that a couple of times and it made me feel better. Every doctor is different but he told me at leat 4 kick an hour. I usually felt way more then that.

Old 01-02-2005, 07:44 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

everyone is different and not every woman feels their baby move as often as the other. are you pretty active? if so your baby might be kickin and you might not even notice it caz your so active. my ob always told me to drink a cold glass of water and snack on something to get the baby active...u could always try that to see if it will work for you if you are still really concerned call your ob and have he/she check you out to ease your fears!!!

Old 01-03-2005, 12:25 AM   #5

Scared222 HB User

Hello
Im 22 weeks and 3 days! I still only get "thumps" and they go away as fast as they came too. Tonight I was drinking Orange juice, and let me tell you. this baby boy was kick boxing for about 3 minutes in my belly lol If your un-sure of anything call your OB, this is waht they are there for! I was worried and still do get worried when I dont feel much movement, but im a worry-wart to start with.

Old 01-03-2005, 06:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

RELAX hun...... Every baby is going to be different. I went through the same thing and about worried myself to death. My baby was kicking like MAAAAADDD for a couple weeks, then it just seemed to stop. I panicked. I went to the doctor and he said that at the point I was at (i think I was about 22 wks), the baby had more fluid then, then at any other point in the pregnancy and so you cant feel the kicks as much, but that it would soon change because I was nearing my 3rd trimester soon. Sure enough...lately, she is pretty active.

If in doubt, discuss it with your doc or midwife. That is what they are there for. Oh....maybe try drinking some OJ. I have been told that it does tend to get the baby moving sometimes.

Good luck and please try not to stress....

Old 01-10-2005, 06:43 AM   #7
(female)

MomInApril HB User

I am 25 weeks and I have been wondering the same thing. My baby was moving around like a maniac for a while ... every night when I'd watch the news while in bed, it was like a circus. I could count on him to kick me right then. But last week all of a sudden I don't feel him as much ... I was/am trying to not be too concerned ... I don't have any problems with anything and I just heard his heartbeat last Monday. But to go from moving like mad to me thinking, "hello? Ya gonna move in there?" has me a little up tight. I do feel him ... just not as much. The more fluid thing makes a lot of sense though - because even the thumps I do feel seem less intense. I'm sure he'll be kicking me in the ribs eventually though - and then I'll want him to stop. ha!

Oh - and I forgot to mention. When I was at my appointment last Monday I asked the doctor if I should be feeling 'regular' movements (like my night-time news kick-fest) and he said no, they wouldn't necessarily be 'regular' at this point. But as long as I feel something everyday then it's fine. And later I'll be able to count the kicks, etc.

Last edited by MomInApril; 01-10-2005 at 07:36 AM.

Closed Thread