It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2005, 10:41 PM   #1
(female)

Misociety HB User
Exclamation Ohh! What is this pain?

Tonight I had, it's still there but going away, I had an aweful sharp pain on my right side above my hip and below my ribs. It went from back to front and was very sharp, the pain extended into my shoulder and it hurt to breathe in deeply. I have had ovarian cysts rupture before and the symptoms were almost the same but this was more painful. Im 18 weeks pregnant and Im not sure if I have an extreme UTI or bladder infection or even gas or should I go to the ER now. If I lie down in bed on my back the pain comes back very sharp right away, what is this horrid pain. Im worried about my baby and myself.....

Old 01-03-2005, 12:22 AM   #2

Scared222 HB User
Re: Ohh! What is this pain?

So sorry hun, I just read your post. I hope by now its gone or you went to the ER. If you still have it I would give my DR a call or go to the ER, Better safe then sorry. Update us and let us know how your doing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 06:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Are you okay? Give us an update when you get a chance. I ope you are doing better now.

Old 01-03-2005, 06:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

Get to the ER ASAP if you feel it again. The symptoms you describe can possibly be a life threatening condition if untreated. It could be nothing serious, but don't take the chance. Often the breathing and shoulder-tip pain can indicate some kind of internal bleeding pooling under the diaphragm.
DD born 3/24/2005

Last edited by siren1024; 01-03-2005 at 06:30 AM.

Old 01-03-2005, 06:46 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

saraht1 HB User

I hope this is not the case but pain in the shoulder is a sign of a tubal pregnancy. I don't know why that is but I know it to be true. I hope you went to ER after posting. Let us know how u r.

Old 01-03-2005, 08:55 AM   #6
(female)

BEcca1978 HB User

I hope you went in to the ER. Sorry, with the holidays this site got slow. Hope all is better now. Keep us updated!

Old 01-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #7
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

Please see the doctor ASAP. Hopefully it's nothing, but better not to take a chance. And when you go to the doctor, tell him ALL of your symptoms.

Old 01-03-2005, 06:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

I dont know if this is the same thing or not...but let me share something about this pain...I had a pain that sounds similar to the pain that you describe when I was probably about 16 or 17 weeks, something like that. I seriously thought something horrible was happening, because it hurt sooooo bad. Anyway, here is the gross part: I went to the ER and they sent me to L & D to get checked out. They did an u/s and everything was okay, then they did a CT of my other stuff.....When the baby squished her way up, it pinched part of my intestinal track and I had bowel stuck in there. SOOOOOO gross, I know, but that could be your pain. If it doesnt go away soon, you should either call your doctors office and tell them you need to talk to a dr on call right away, or bag the whole phone call thing and go to the ER or L&D department of your nearest hospital.

Please let us know how you are doing......

Old 01-03-2005, 10:28 PM   #9
(female)

Misociety HB User

Hey everyone Crystal here.
I had a prenantal Dr appointment scheduled for Tuesday but instead they let me in today. The pain went away, but I have a severe UTI there is blood and all kinds of icky stuff in my urine, it may be what the pain is from or it may be something else. Every once in a while it hurts for a minute or two but thank god it doesn't hurt for hours like it did last night. So the Dr. gave me an antibiotic to clear up the UTI and I have a bad ear infection, hopefully that will take all of this crampy stuff away. I heard the babys heart beat and as soon as I heard it I let out a sigh of relief, 150bpm. In two weeks I have the ultrasound to determine the sex, so seeing the baby will put me at ease also. Thank-You all for your responses. Zayazmama when your intestinal track was being pinched did it hurt when you took a breath in?

One more question we all know constipation is a horrible part of being pregnant, how do you get through this besideds eating healthy... I take one pill of of metamusil every day but it doesn't seem to help, after a while it gets so frustrating.

Thank-You so much,
Crystal

Old 01-04-2005, 03:07 AM   #10
Veteran

rach12 HB User

I posted on the other thread about uti's. I am queen of them. One of my many was so bad I could barley walk the pain in my side/back was soooo bad. You shoul feel better with the medicine in a day or 2. Good Luck

Old 01-04-2005, 05:41 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Crystal, Milk of Magnesia is what my doctor recommends for constipation. It works great and doesn't give you diarrhea or cramps.

Old 01-04-2005, 06:04 AM   #12
(female)

peachi1017 HB User

i personally drank lots of orange juice and ate fresh oranges! that seemed to help me keep an eye on this pain of urs as i had pain VERY similar to urs and it turned out i had a slipped pelvis and when the baby moved it was so so painful as he was putting pressure on my pelvis, i had to wear a large tubur grip round my tummy to lift the baby off my pelvis, dont worry cause this is quite common and it tends to ease off after having the baby. BEst of luck

Old 01-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misociety
Zayazmama when your intestinal track was being pinched did it hurt when you took a breath in?

One more question we all know constipation is a horrible part of being pregnant, how do you get through this besideds eating healthy... I take one pill of of metamusil every day but it doesn't seem to help, after a while it gets so frustrating.

Thank-You so much,
Crystal

Oh yeah, it hurt. I thought for sure that I was gonna die.....not literally of course, but I was in a great deal of pain from it. I couldnt have imagined it hurting when I breathed in, however the way it was explained to me..... the baby is basically squishing everything and your breathing sometimes changes or gets a bit more difficult while pregnant too. So with something like a pinched intestine, it is very normal for the pain to occur when taking in breaths. Oh, by the way.....something that I have found that is perfectly safe while pregnant that helps in the bathroom area is called Fiber Choice. They are sold in the same area as other laxitive items (in most stores). They are these chewable tablets. You take 1 or 2 a day (I only take one cause they tend to cause a bit of gas) and they do help with regularity. And, they actually taste pretty good too - not all chalky like some. Good luck to you!!

Closed Thread