It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 05:18 PM   #1

Scared222 HB User
Red face Help READ

I dont know what to do!

My whole body feeels like it is burning up. I took my temp it is 97.5.
My fingers are swelling. Nothing else just my fingers. I feel extremely exhausted. I just slept for a hour and wanna go back to bed. It's not normal, because i slept 9 hours lastnight. I called my DR, and she told me swelling was normal in the 2nd trimester (im 22 weeks 4 days) and that im probably hot because of hormones. I dont know I just hope she is right.Could this be pre-eclampsia or something??? Im so scared! I just feel crappy!

Old 01-03-2005, 05:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User
Re: Help READ

I was really hot too and had alot of swelling in my fingers. You are going to start getting really uncomfortable now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 05:51 PM   #3

Scared222 HB User

So this is normal? This is something that comes with pregnancy? I shouldnt be concerned? I dont know what to think. I can deal with all of this as long as I know that my baby is going to be ok! I dont want my DR telling me that its all normal just to end up having pre-eclampsia or something to the sort. I am just paranoid as it is, but this is scary. Thank you for your reply i appreciate it!

Old 01-03-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

GRRRR, I have the same problem. My fingers are all swelled up. My feet too, but not my ankles....Weird, and I swear I feel like I am going through menopause....while pregnant? ha ha....One minute, I feel like someone threw me into a cooker, the next minute, I am freezing. I talked to my doc and he also said it was pretty normal to feel this way. Some women can just glide through pregnancy without anything like this, and be perfectly comfortable. But then there are some (us) that get really uncomfortable right around this time. I am 27 wks 3 days and I am MISERABLE. I feel like a freaking beached whale and I LOOK like I swallowed a basketball or something. I dont mind the big belly, but it is getting heavy or something.

I wish you luck. Take it easy. If you body tells you to sleep....Sleep. Our babies are growing rapidly and gaining a lot of weight right now. It takes a lot of energy from us to grow a person in there. ya know?

REST, REST, REST......

Old 01-03-2005, 07:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

i started havign the hot problem too recently and i was taking me temp all the time! i can't tell if my hands and fingers are swollen cause I have a problem with my hands in the winter where they swell anyway, but I think that they are.

Old 01-03-2005, 08:25 PM   #6
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I wouldnt worry too much. If it continues another day or so Id call them back.

Old 01-04-2005, 04:08 AM   #7
Inactive

off kilter HB User

It's always a good ideal to take of any rings you wear while pregnant. the usual swelling is bad enough but any sudden swelling can cause your rings to be so tight you have to have them cut off. not something you want to do to your best rings.

Old 01-04-2005, 05:50 AM   #8
(female)

peachi1017 HB User

during my first pregnany i also suffered with swollen fingers, it got that bad i had to have my rings cut off! u are natrually going to feel hotter and more tired as u are having to carry around more weight. just imagine what ur body is going through! its the biggest thing a woman can go through. dont worry about anything just try to rest as much as possible cause u wont have much time to ur self when baby is here take care

Closed Thread