It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #1

busybee HB User
Anxiety and Depression with all these body changes

I have been getting depressed and anxious over my body changes and looks. I have gained weight all over and can't stand the chubby cheeks and big everything. Anyone else? Any advice?

I know it's worth it and I am ashamed of feeling this way- but some days it just bums me out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: Anxiety and Depression with all these body changes

It's not so funny when it happens then but after the baby....about three months after the baby you'll be back to your normal self. I had "those feelings" reallly bad after my son was born because my hormones were nuts. I remember sitting at the dining room table and my mom was on the opposite end sitting and my husband walked up and handed me a #1 mom charm, I started hysterically crying saying "I always wanted one of these" and my mom laughed because she knew I was hormonal and I looked at her and hysterically was crying AGAIN and said "it's not funny" and I put my head on the table and cried like I have never cried before. I can look back now and crack up.
Your going to feel so many crazy emotions because you are one big hormone bundle. Don't worry about your weight because it will go back, believe it or not. Enjoy it while you can. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I have 2 friends, both with 3 kids, and if their kids aren't in tow, you'd never guess they've ever been pregnant. I bounced back fairly quickly after having my daughter. I'm 10 years older this time around, so I'm not that I'll bounce back as quickly, but your body does eventually go back to "normal" with a few minor changes that vary by individual. We are all giant balls of hormones right now and hyper-sensitive to EVERYTHING, especially the way our bodies are growing and changing. Try not to worry so much.

Old 01-03-2005, 08:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I was really upset about it at first, but not so much anymore. I havent' gained anyweight yet, in fact i have lost weight, but what i did have has redistrubeted to my bottom, my breasts and my stomach! My legs look like toothpicks!
And yes we are all hormonal, i got very upset abotu something my husband said today, and I just busted out into tears, and he said, you know you are being irrational right? and then i started screaming at him "I knwo i am beign irrational, you pointing out that I am irrational is not helping me be any less irrational!" and he just laughed at me, which as ya'll know does not help!

Old 01-04-2005, 05:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

I think that one of the hardest parts about being pregnant is dealing with the changes to your body. Don't feel ashamed! It happens to a ton of us. We spend so much of our lives concerned with our bodies and then suddenly it is totally out of our control. The other day I noticed how big and droopy my breasts have become. It happened over night I swear. I actually went out and apologized to my husband for my body being completely changed forever by pregnancy. I felt so awful, and he said he didn't care. It is a sacrafice that we women make. You will go back to a good deal of what your former self was, but you will always be changed in some ways. Like others say, the hormones don't make any of this easy. I have to tell myself everyday not to be so hard on myself, but it's still hard.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:01 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

I've hardly changed shape yet but I'm worried about it. I keep asking my DH if he will still love me when I'm huge and fat!! He's being very reassuring....so far!

Old 01-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #7
(female)

adderall_angel HB User

Busybee-

Going through it too! I don't even recognize myself. 5'10 and 140 ... now I am still 5'10 but built like a square! Just broke 200 lbs. I have learned to laugh at it. But when I am infront of a mirror, WHEW! I gotta tell you it gets to me. But, hey, I am healthy, the baby is healthy and he's gonna pop out any day now. I just figure I will work to lose it again before the next one. It ain't sexy but it is necessary. I never thought I would gain this much... But oh well.

Be healthy and worry about it later...

PS. If it helps I have breasts for the first time...unfortunately they stare at my belly. I haven't seen my "personals" in 6 months... and my once round butt has taken on an unrecognizable shape that is less that flattering form that resembles a crack in a large wrinkly wall. Maternity thongs....I simply can't imagine the torchure on my pride! LOL

Laugh a little. Cry a little. Then move on. You will be fine!

Old 01-04-2005, 05:42 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

I haven't really put on weight any where but in my breasts. I hate it. I had D's when I first got pg and now my bras don't fit. I get so depressed. I am 140 and my breasts already looked unnatural on my body. Now they look aweful. When I went to the dr office at 15 wks I had gained 3lbs. I think only 1 lb was in my belly and the rest is on top. I have no idea what I am going to do if they don't slow down.

Old 01-04-2005, 09:11 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

I've ganed 34 pounds with these babies so far. I'm 5'2" and I need all my pants in short lengths. I only have one pair of pants- an ugly old pair of jeans from the popular maternity store. Mostly all that fits me are t-shirts- button up blouses just don't have the room to fit my belly. I have to wear all my shirts in size large to cover my belly, even though my arms and shoulders are size small or medium. I look sloppy and fat from head to toe, and I HATE all my clothes. My boobs are already giant and droopy, and my constantly-showing nipples are always pointing down. They used to be so cute and perky!

But, when I get undressed for bed, and see myself in just a pair of undies and a tight stretchy tank top, I think I look great. It is AMAZING what our bodies are able to do to accomodate babies. I know my belly has gotten huge, because I've lately been thinking "Man, my legs look thin!" It's not that my legs have gotten any thinner- believe me! It's only that my belly is just soo big the rest of me looks small in comparison.

I don't know if you're looking for any kind of solution or just a little sympathy, but the only thing that has gotten me through those "I hate all my clothes" mornings is just reminding myself to go with it. I don't know about you, but I remember thinking I was soooo fat in high school. But a few years later I would have KILLED to be as thin as I was in high school. You'll be thin again someday, but then you'll look back with fondness on your full round belly, big butt, and round face and wish you could feel THAT way again, if only for a day or two. So, if you can, just try to enjoy what you've got when you've got it.

It does feel good to get it all off your chest once in awhile, though!

Old 01-05-2005, 09:25 AM   #10
(female)

adderall_angel HB User

2fast4u~

If it encourages you any, my boobs from the "moment I conceived" and stopped around 3-4 months. (Seemingly my bell took over from then). I am 36 weeks tomorrow and tho they do look at the ground, they haven't grown much . Now when I start breast feeding, HOLY COW! I will have a different report!

Today's Encouraging Thought: Some natives used to be able to throw them over their shoulders and feed their babies who were strapped to their back...

Old 01-05-2005, 02:52 PM   #11

busybee HB User

I have enjoyed reading everyone's responses. I am back and forth but these comments help. I'm still worried though b/c I have gained 20 pounds and I am 13 weeks!!!!!! I am concerned about continued rapid weight gain. My rate just does not seem normal!!
Thanks again for all the encouragment!

Old 01-06-2005, 06:29 PM   #12
(female)

P&G HB User

You might try adding Omega 3 supplements to your diet. My doctor asked me to take 2 a day. Iíve struggled with depression from the beginning. I also walk everyday that seems to help. Good Luck!
P&G

Closed Thread