It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 09:06 PM   #1

jodimarie75 HB User
Morning Sickness more common w/ girls??

Is this true that if you're more nauseuas you're likely to be carrying a girl??

What are all of your experiences who've had boys??

jodi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 09:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Re: Morning Sickness more common w/ girls??

this is my 3rd pregnancy and is another girl....my first girl i was sick with pretty bad in the morning the second girl i was sick with in the morning both just for a few months....this one ive had NONE not one day of being sick i thought for sure she was a boy but they have told me with 5 different ultrasounds that its a girl so i dont think morning sickness has anything to do with the sex of the baby.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 09:22 PM   #3
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

No not true at all. My first 2 pg I was sick the whole 9 months both were boys. my 3rd was totally different it was a pretty good pg in every way compared to the others well it was yet another boy. Now om pg with # 4 the first few weeks I was sick too but nothing like the first 2 times this ones a girl. It all depends on the pg not the sex.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

It's not a hard and fast rule, but there may be some truth to it. I've heard HCG levels *tend* to be higher with girls (not a rule, either, by any means) and cause more morning sickness. I wasn't sick at all with my first (boy) but this time around I was pretty bad off for the whole first trimester and it's a little girl. Of course, my mom was just the opposite. Not sick with me, sick with my little brother. I think it depends on alot of things, but I also think it can be somewhat true.
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 01-03-2005, 11:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Definetly just one of those old wives tales or something. I dont know that it really matters WHAT you are having. I think some pregnancies will bring horrible morning sickness while others wont. With my son, I was literally throwing up day and night the ENTIRE pregnancy (from about 7 wks on). With my other 2 that ended in m/s, I had light nausea. With this last one, it has come and gone, but I can count on one hand how many of these days so far (I am almost 28 wks) have been bad. I think it really just boils down to luck or something....Maybe. Who knows, but I really dont feel it has to do with the sex of the baby. They also say that you get really bad heartburn if the baby is born with a lot of hair, but I dont believe that one either...who knows.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:27 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I can say from experience that morning sickness has nothing to do with the sex of the baby. I am pregnant with my 4th child. My 1st (girl) I was sick all the time, even smells made me sick. 2nd (girl) I was slightly nauseated. 3rd (girl) I wasn't sick at all. No morning, noon, or night sicknesses so I thought for sure it was a boy BUT 4 ultrasouds proved I was having my 3rd girl. I don't know what I am having now but I throw up every day. I am constantly sick. So morning sickness has nothing to do with it.
Good Luck!
Chris

Old 01-04-2005, 12:03 PM   #7
(female)

adderall_angel HB User

I have heard that girls cause more nausea and reflux. But I can't prove it. I have had no nausea and I am supposed to be having a boy...but I will have to let you know when he gets here if the ultrasound was right!! Never know!

Closed Thread