It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

Sunflower18 HB User
Question Some advice please.

Hey, I'm still new at this but any advice would be greatly appriciated.
I've missed my last 2 periods, but I am on BC, altho, I was missing pills quite often and then I would take 2 the next day, one in the morning and one in the night. I have missed a period before or had a very light/short one for one month and then the next it would be longer and heavy. So when I missed the first month, it didn't surprise me at all, I have regular unprotected sex with my bf. Sometimes he ejaculates inside me and sometimes he doesn't.
But now this is a total of 2 and a half months with a period. Since around Mid Oct.
I've seen one lady say she didn't come on for 69 days.
Maybe I am just worrying myself too much? I know I should have taken a pg test by now, but I was kinda waiting I guess, to see if I started or not.
I have been feeling bloated, tired, dizzy at times, always gasey, and lately every night I have a headache, like clockwork.
But none of the more obvious signs of being pregnant, so to speak.
Wel thank you to anyone who replies to this, and sorry it's so long..

Last edited by Sunflower18; 01-04-2005 at 11:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: Some advice please.

I hate to say it, but those are some of the obvious signs of pregnancy, but they can also be PMS related. You really should take a pregnancy test to know for sure. If you miss pills, depending on which ones you miss, the insert in the pill pack says to use another for of birth control until your next pack. I don't mean to scare you, but you should take the test to either put your mind at ease or know for sure so you can go see a doctor and weigh your options. Good luck and let us know your results!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 11:46 AM   #3
(female)

Sunflower18 HB User

Thanks for replying so soon, I've read just about every post on here about pregnancy, and all of the women are very helpful, and it's much easier to ask people on here about things.
I think I will get a test tomorrow and stop worrying so much. I think I am more afraid to find the result of it I suppose. I recently enrolled back into school, and this would be very unexpected. But not totally a bad thing, as I love children.
Just one more thing though, I was walking home from school today, being my first day back , and I got totally winded and I had to stop and sit down because I felt so sick, as if I were going to throw up... would this be a sign perhaps?
As I said, I am a worrier. But I will keep you updated on any news
Thanks Again

Old 01-04-2005, 11:57 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hi Sunflower

Feeling exhausted can also be an early sign of pregnancy. I used to run up the stairs at work but within a few weeks of being pregnant I was panting for breath by the time I got to the top.

I hope you get whatever result you want.

Old 01-04-2005, 11:58 AM   #5
(female)

adderall_angel HB User

Def take a test. At least it would easy your mind from wondering. Been there before and had now clue i was prego until i tested 'just incase' the doctor was misdiagnosing me

My periods were so irregular I was used to missing a few. The PMS symptoms just kept hinting that IT may be trying to start. Doc diagnosed me as IBS (!?!) And that was only because he didn't see a cyst on the ultrasound. Apparently, he missed the tree for the forest, cause I am due next month...

PS. The stress you are putting yourself under by worrying could also cause your winded/wanting to barf symptoms. If you are a "worrier" then focusing on this important issue can affect your health.

Peeing on a stick won't change your condition. Promise. Not testing will only stress you out more. Best of luck!

Last edited by adderall_angel; 01-04-2005 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Add thought

Old 01-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #6
(female)

Sunflower18 HB User

Thanks for your replies.
I am not ususally a worrier, just at this point in my life it would really come as a suprise, but not an unwanted one.. I wasn't even thinking about bring pregnant today when I walked home from school.. and I didn't think no more about how I felt until I came home and was reading some things on here, and I thought maybe it could be connected. But thanks for you opinions
And Congrats adderall_angel!!! Best of luck

Old 01-04-2005, 12:48 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

I got pregnant while on birth control. I conceived my son in August and for the first two months, I had no idea I was pregnant. I thought I was having an irregular period. Then, in October, I went and bought a home pregnancy test and sure enough, it came up positive. I am 5 months pregnant now. My biggest regret, aside from having unprotected sex, is that I waited two months to take a home pregnancy test. In those two months, I did terrible things to my body and to my baby. Don't put off taking a pregnancy test. If you are pregnant, you need to start taking your prenatal vitamins to ensure a healthy baby.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #8
(female)

Sunflower18 HB User

First of all thanks for replying and for your concerns, I have not done anything to harm myself or a possible baby in the last few months, or even year, no drinking, smoking, drugs, or any pills. But if I find out that I am expecting, I will make an appointment right away for the prenatal vitamins.
And Congrats to you on your Baby Boy!

Closed Thread