It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User
where are all the february momma's?

I had my 34 week appt. Everything looks good. They did another NST and checked the fluid levels again. They plan on doing both at each visit from now on. Is this common? Baby looks huge on the u/s. I 've noticed that the february thread has died down a lot, where is everyone? Oh and of course, me being nieve, thought I would be lucky and not get leg cramps, boy was I wrong, 3 am and I was up with a charley horse. Lovely!

Old 01-04-2005, 11:43 AM   #2
(female)

adderall_angel HB User
Talking Re: where are all the february momma's?

I am a Feb Mommy! (If the dates are right...) Got my first and (knock on wood) leg cramp at 18 weeks. Scared my husband to death! He thought I was in labor already! Ha!

I am due on the 3rd and looking for a Mommy buddy cause I feel like I am going to be pregnant FOREVER! First baby. Are you having a boy or girl?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 11:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User
Re: where are all the february momma's?

I am having a girl, Elizabeth Rose. THere is a february thread, I don't think it's been active in a few weeks or so. My calf muscle still is sore. I feel the same, I hope she doesn't come too soon and then in the next breath I want her out now! Oh I forgot to mention, my last appt was right before Christmas, since then I have lost a pound!!! I was impressed with that. Thus far I have gained 15 lbs. NOt too shabby!

Old 01-04-2005, 12:05 PM   #4
(female)

adderall_angel HB User

Sounds like you are doing well. I have read (somewhere) that it is typical to lose a slight bit of weight right before labor. Hmmm. Let me know when ya go!

Old 01-04-2005, 12:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

I am not due until the 18th of February. I hope I don't go with in the next 3 weeks. My shower isn't til the 23rd and they are still building a room for my s/o and us. The nurse looked shocked that I hadn't gained any weight over the holidays. I have been good though as I have GD. But I still ate a lot.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:41 PM   #6
(female)

adderall_angel HB User
Talking Re: where are all the february momma's?

Ok.. define s/o and GD cause I am a little ignorant.

Last edited by adderall_angel; 01-04-2005 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Old 01-04-2005, 05:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

s/o significant other and GD gestational diabetes.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:46 AM   #8

mpsweetie77 HB User

Hey ladies...this feb mama is still here! And you two aren't the only ones with leg cramps...is that horrible can't breathe it hurts so bad cause my calf muscle just froze up for no reason in the middle of the night what a charlie horse is? God those suck!!!!!! I've had them off and on for the past 4 months...scared me to death the first time (not that any of the times since have been a picnic).
Do you ever have the feeling that maybe your littles angles aren't going to wait until feb? I keep running into all these strangers that ask me when i'm due and when I tell them the first week of feb. they ALL tell me that i look like i'm gonna pop any day. I so want my little princess to be born in feb though! (and i so want her to be a her....that's another one of my fears lately...that she'll come out a he and have to wear lots of pink clothing)
Also, do you guys find yourselves crying a lot lately? I went to the library and checked out some books on birth...but I cant read them cause every time i start to i cry and can't see the pages. I cry at those stupid sappy commercials ("i'd marry you all over again"...), I cry every time the news has something on our soldiers in Iraq...my poor d/h doesn't know what to say or do anymore cause i keep getting my feelings hurt and crying. (And him saying you were never like this before is for sure NOT the right thing for him to say!!!) How are you all doing with this?

Old 01-05-2005, 09:00 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

I agree. Charley horses suck!!! My legs are still sore! I cry all the time,but not because of sappy comertials or the news, just about stupid stuff, like I went to take a shower and their were no clean towels. OR yesterday I went to get my hair done and they told me that I had to come back today. That upset me for some reason. I am scared to death she won't wait til Feb. Just because my shower isn't till the 23rd and our room isn't even built yet.

Old 01-05-2005, 09:14 AM   #10
(female)

adderall_angel HB User

LOL! Music causes me to cry. happy, sad, country, pop... Christmas music! oh boy! I totally don't think my baby is going to wait til Feb. I have that same group of strangers that tell me that he will never wait til then! Of course "they" said he would never wait til the end of Dec and you see how right they were.

I am fine with him coming out before. My friends are throwing an 'after baby' shower so they can meet him! (I think 'him' unless that was something else on the u/s LOL)

That is fine with me. That way I will be able to list exactly what I need. No guess work. Sizes, color, etc. All correct. NO return lines? Right ladies?

Old 01-05-2005, 09:51 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

I hear that! I plan on sending s/o to return the stuff we don't want or need. I am sure he will love doing that or pawn it off on his mother. I was at the pharmacy yesterday and someone looked at me and said, "OH MY! You are ready to pop!!!" I politly said I have 5-6 weeks left thank you. My belly button hasn't poped yet! I am sure it will soon though. The weather here sucks and it is reeking havok on my ears and sinus'. Damn snow storms then thunder storms. I don't get it!

Old 01-05-2005, 11:20 AM   #12
(female)

adderall_angel HB User
Cool Re: where are all the february momma's?

We had snow two Sundays ago. And it has bee 70 degrees since. TOO BIG TO BE THIS HOT OUTSIDE! My belly button hasn't done anymore than stretch. Must it pop out?

Old 01-05-2005, 05:24 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

I don't think it has to pop out, but who knows.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:31 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User

HI gals
I'm still here. Due FEB. 8th. Same stuff, everyone saying he will come early. WE are still building furniture. I have had 2 showers and have tons of stuff all in boxes still. No charley horses. Did someone say they only gained 15 pounds? Wow! I gained 50! I have always been small and thin so this weight has been killing me. My ankles swell like loaves of bread if I stand more than 30 minutes. I had to stop working due to swelling and feeling to heavy to move myself around. I work with preshcoolers so it has been tough lately. I can't wait to meet the little guy, he will be my first.
I have a question. . . what type of fetal movement do you all notice? Mine seems to be extremely active for about 3-4 days in a row all day long, then very quiet for a few days. This has been going on about 2 months. It always worries me of course.
Just wondering what your experiences are.

Old 01-05-2005, 08:05 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

Yup ONLY 15 lbs for me thus far. I was overweight to begin with and am quite shocked that I haven't gained more. I didn't gain any weight over the holidays! But you have to take in consideration Iam on a diabetic diet cause I am borderline GD. My lil one will be quite active for a few days during the day then not so much. I think she has her days and nights mixed up half the time. I will wake up to her kicking me in my ribs or something, kind of telling me to switch positions. She is my first as well. I haven't worked since October due to conflicts at the job. I haven't had too much swelling, although lately I can't wear rings and my socks leave indentions on my calfs.
Anyone else getting up every 2 hours or so, not just to pee but because your body is telling you to wake up? Mine is mostly pain in my hips and charley horses, but IMO it's my body preparing itself for sleepless nights.

Closed Thread