It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 11:17 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
Feeling pressure and using hairspray

First question...I am 21 weeks pg and have been feeling a dull pressure up inside my vagina. I am assuming that I am feeling pressure on my cervix? Is it normal to feel pressure there?

My second question is whether or not it's safe to use hairspray. I have long, curly hair and am use to using it daily. I wanted to make sure it wasn't harmful to inhale it though. I read an article saying that it can cause low birth weight, except some of the things you read are unreliable...

Last edited by Frynd1; 01-04-2005 at 11:17 AM.

Old 01-04-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
(female)

adderall_angel HB User
Talking Re: Feeling pressure and using hairspray

Well, inhaling anything chemical is not doing you or the baby any good. How about some friendly mousse?

As far as the pressure, I would just mention it to your OB next visit. Every "body" is built differently and people are sensitive in different ways.

I am 35+ weeks and thought that my baby had three heads (or at least two and a large hiney) and even worse....wasn't turned correctly.

Then my doctor checked and assured me that his head is down ( not one of the lumps?) and that one lumps was his back, one was his butt and one was his feet.

Apparently the kid has feet like a flippin' HOBBIT! ha! Have you had your ultrasound yet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 11:35 AM   #3
(female)

adderall_angel HB User
Lightbulb Re: Feeling pressure and using hairspray

Ok-I am a dork. If you know it is a boy then duh- you have prob had the US.

One additional thought, yes some things you read are unreliable, but when in doubt caution is the best choice. If you could avoid complications by not inhaling hairspray, wouldn't you?

Old 01-04-2005, 12:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User
Re: Feeling pressure and using hairspray

As long as your not "huffing" the stuff, you should be ok. Try to use the pump hair spray instead of arasoul(sp). I was just in the salon and 3 of the women working there are pregnant, they seem to be doing just fine. It is normal to feel pressure. I am to the point where I can tell that my baby is headbutting my cervix. Good luck!

Old 01-04-2005, 12:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

I feel pressure all over, especially in my lower back and abdomen. I wasn't sure why I was feeling it up inside my vagina though. I worry that I am going to open up from the pressure and go into delivery.

I use both mousse and hairspray. Mousse defines my curls, while hairspray keeps me from having an afro. I can't pull off the 'Carrie from Sex & The City' look.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Lynn, I have curly long hair too, have you tried leaving in conditioner ( not a lot) to keep your hair tame? I use Aveda, and it works great!

Old 01-04-2005, 07:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

I wouldnt worry about the hairspray thing. I use this stuff called Big Sexy Hair and I checked with my doc first cause I was a bit concerned too. I mean, as long as you are not hovering in a corner huffing the stuff, I wouldnt worry about it.

As far as the pain, might I suggest getting one of those pregnany belt thingys. Motherhood and most other maternity stores carry them. They are typically inexpensive (usually around $20 or so) and they REALLY help (or at least it helped ME). They usually go around you, then on the lower part of your belly and kinda hold the baby up from your cervix. They are nice. I would try that.

Hope all is well!

Old 01-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

The belt things, actually weaken your muscles. I have been relying on long stretches on a pilates ball to alievate the back pain. I am hoping the doc will refer me to a chiropractor though.

Closed Thread