It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
(female)

Colleen1 HB User
Question pregnant?

If anyone can help, please do so. I started taking Seasonale in November and bled very heavy for 2 weeks straight. Then finally i stopped, so me and my husband had unprotected sex 1 day. The very next day i started bleeding again very heavy, so i quit the pill. By the way i took the pill correctly, I called the Dr. and told them i quit. 6 days later i finally stopped bleeding altogether. About a week later i was having the very familar pregnancy symtoms so i took a HPT it was postive. Now i am not sure when exactly was my LMP. I am assuming it was the day i quit the pill. I have now taken 7 HPT all postive. I went to the Dr. and did a urine test, which came out neg. so he did a blood test, which also was neg., I still have the symptoms of pregnancy and will be doing an ultrasound tomorrow. Am i pregnant or not, i am really confused, as well is my Dr. Colleen1

Old 01-04-2005, 12:14 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

saraht1 HB User
Re: pregnant?

I hope this doesn't offend you but it has happened to people before. Are you sure you are using HPT and not OPK's???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #3
(female)

Colleen1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraht1
I hope this doesn't offend you but it has happened to people before. Are you sure you are using HPT and not OPK's???
Yes i am sure it was not opk's. I took an e.p.t. pregnancy test, 7 to be exact. All postive. No offense taken, by the way.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

The ultrasound may not be abe to pick up anything this soon. I would wait a week and take another HPT. If it comes out positive again, insist on another blood test. I'm not sure why the blood test would be negative if the HPTs were positive, unless you miscarried during your last cycle. That's the only way they give fale positives that I'm aware of. Thta's really strange.

Old 01-05-2005, 10:15 PM   #5
(female)

Colleen1 HB User

I had my ultrasound today and of course it showed nothing. If i am correct in my thinking i should have a period on friday, sunday at the latest. My periods are always on time every 26 to 28 days. The first day i did not take a pill, would that be the first day of my period? I am really confused about that one. I still feel pregnant. I have been pregnant 4 times before. I lost the first two babies and then had two healthy pregnanices. So i am familar with pregnancy symptoms and misscarriage symptoms. Maybe it is the start of early menopause for me, i read that that can give you a false postive on a test. I started my period at age 9, i am now 37. Who knows what is happening to me, for now i think, time will tell! Thank you for replying.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #6
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

Is there a possibility of a tubal pregnancy? Did they mention this? Also, I know that sometimes you can get a false positive if there is a cyst on an ovary,

Closed Thread