It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User
A little help sleeping

Okay....I have had it. For the past few weeks, I can not get a single good night's sleep. I toss and turn, and am incredibly uncomfortable every night. I read in a book to try using one of those body pillow things, and I tried it. Didnt help. I just cant get any sleep. I think on average, I am getting MAYBE 4 hours a night - and it is on and off, not straight good sleep. GRRRRR. I have been tempted to take this cough medicine that my doc gave me when I was sick with bronchitis as I still have some left. But I know that would not be a good thing - it helped me sleep, but I am no longer sick, so I probably shouldnt take it.

Does anyone know what kind of sleep aids one can take while pregnant? I am getting pretty desperate. I have ambien, but I KNOW you cant take that while pregnant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 08:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Re: A little help sleeping

I know exactly how you feel i am 36 weeks and my sleep for the last few months has been horrible, i toss and turn i have tried the pillow between the legs everything and nothing is helping i sleep for about an hour then im awake and it goes like that allllllllllllllll nite long then finally about 6am i fall asleep and sleep for maybe 2 hrs then im up its just totally wearing me out and making me feel horrible but i dont think there is anything we can do to help other than live with it and take as many naps as we can

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 08:52 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ducki979 HB User

ive been having the same awful problem....
i was a belly sleeper (cant do that anymore ) and i cannot sleep on my side no matter what i do...i would have better luck trying to sleep standing up!
i talked to my doc about the sleep dilemma, and he told me sleeping on my back wasnt a good idea either...BUT....if i layed on my back and put a pillow or some of the blanket, or a wadded up sweatshirt for that matter under one cheek (and im not talking the cheek on your face) that i would absolutely fine on my back....and because my hips were tilted a little, it would take pressure off the main arterty to my legs, and off my uterus....so i said what the heck....i'll try just about anything!
would you believe i actually slept!!!!!!!!!!
its actually pretty comfy and i can always put an extra pillow under my head if i wanna be propped up too!

i hope it works for some of you ladies too.....

Cara

Old 01-04-2005, 11:05 PM   #4
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Im not positive but I believe its unisom that you can take during pg. I have it on paper somewhere frm the docs office. its totally safe. tomorrow Id call the office and ask them over the phone they should be able to help you. I know how you feel. I hate it Ive been in tears over not being able to fall asleep yet being so exausted all the time.

Old 01-05-2005, 04:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

you can take Benadryl. It works very well for most women. That's what my midwife had me take with my 1st.

Closed Thread