It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 07:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User
Anyone worried about the doc being wrong about the baby's gender?

Im worried. I dont know why I should worry, but I am. I am almost 28 wks, and the doc says I am having a girl. He has been saying it from almost the beginning (he did tests to check my progesterone and estrogen levels) and stood by it. I have had 2 or 3 u/s that indicate a girl. But I am worried. What if he is wrong?

I got all the rest of my crib bedding and blankets, etc. The room is going to be in light pink, lavendar, and light green. It is soooooo girly!! Most of the clothes are very feminine too.....Am I an idiot?

Old 01-04-2005, 07:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User
Re: Anyone worried about the doc being wrong about the baby's gender?

Most of the time, doctors are right when it comes to gender especially from a u/s

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 07:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

K good. They were right about my first (a boy).....but I get a bit worried that the little boy part could be hiding or something. Thanks!

Old 01-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

Theres always a chance that they could be wrong. 2 of my friends had this happen to them...suppose to be girls and they both ended up boys. I don't hear abt it to often tho. I know they were correct with my son and lots of other people. So I wouldn't worry to much if you've had it confirmed several times.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:12 PM   #5
Veteran

rach12 HB User

I think he is right. The majority of the time they are right. Try to relax and do not listen to bad news of people who did pink and had a boy. What else can you do? Good luck

Old 01-04-2005, 09:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

I have had to have 5 u/s so far at 34 weeks and I have them check to make sure she is still a she. They are checkin my fluid levels every visit so I just ask them to find her girl bits.

Old 01-04-2005, 10:09 PM   #7
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Of course your not an idiot. Im notr worried about it all well or at least I wasnt until now.lol normally there are right unless they say I thik its a girl ect. Your room sounds adorable.

Old 01-05-2005, 05:45 AM   #8

Alleyne HB User

I worry that they are mistaken too. She had her little ankles crossed so it took the tech a bit to get a shot of her groin. And she typed "think pink" on the u/s. So I am a little worried... but my DH keeps on saying "just let it go babe" *laugh* He thinks I am holding on to the fact that they may be wrong cause he knows I wanted a boy for my first. So I look at the u/s picture over and over and have gone to sites to compare... and have concluded that I am definitely having a girl... or this boy sure is being shy! Hehe..

Old 01-05-2005, 05:53 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I worry about it too for the same reasons as you - the room is very girly! I have only had one u/s and the technician said it's a girl. I asked her how confident she was and she said she wouldn't tell me if she wasn't sure and proceeded to show me her pelvis and some line that represents some female part (don't recall the technical name). SHe seemed pretty confident in her judgment, but you never know. The room is lavender with Alice in Wonderland characters painted on the walls, the bedding is mostly pink with other girly colors mixed in and we have all girl clothes. I sure hope it's a girl...LOL! I decided to buy an outfit for each for the hospital pictures, just in case we're surprised (shocked would be more the word I would use if she turns out to be a he).

Old 01-05-2005, 11:38 AM   #10
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

The only way he could be wrong is if the tech didn't see the genital area clearly. Sometimes the male organ can hide between the legs or it is at a bad angle. But with 3 ultrasounds I would start painting pink all over. Or to be safe use a gender neutral green. Anyway, I just hope your baby is healthy and good luck.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #11
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

Also, at 28 weeks they most definitely can tell.

Old 01-05-2005, 12:26 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

This has happened to several friends of mine. They were told boy then had a girl and the other vice versa. My u/s has showed a girl but the dr. said he will not guarantee it. He even called the baby a he a few weeks ago.

Guess we'll be surprised.

As long as the baby's healthy don't worry about anything else.

Old 01-05-2005, 12:52 PM   #13
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

The only reason they were positive with my daughter is because I had an ultrasound at 25 weeks and the tech had a clear look at the genital area. There was not doubt. Otherwise, just wait on paint and clothing colors. congratulations.

Old 01-08-2005, 09:55 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheybell
My u/s has showed a girl but the dr. said he will not guarantee it. He even called the baby a he a few weeks ago.
My Dad used to be a GP and in the past (1960's / 1970's) they used to hedge their bets. For example telling the couple they think it's a boy but writing girl on the notes! BUT remember there were no ultrasounds then so it was a pure guess (based on old wives tales) and they had a 50% chance of being right so pretty good odds anyway. Nowadays with ultrasounds they can be almost definate, especially if all three have said the same thing.

I really wouldn't worry, and if all those ultrasounds do turn out to be wrong your colour scheme will be lovely anyway. The baby isn't going to mind and you can always redecorate later if you want to.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:33 AM   #15
(female)

LYNN9731 HB User

A friend was told she was having a girl. All baby shower gifts were bought
for a girl and the room was pink and yellow very girlish. Fortunately the room could be repainted but she made the mistake of removing the tags from the baby clothes before putting them away. Big mistake. She ended up giving the little dresses and pink outfits away.

lmj

Closed Thread