It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 11:47 AM   #1
(female)

MommyOhio3 HB User
Ultrasound tell if baby is black or white

I recenlty had an ultrasound done in 3-D and it looked somewhat normal but the eyes were blackened on the baby.

Now I am worried if the babys black or white does anyone know how you can tell or if they can and how?

I have been with the same daddy for over 8 years but had one time intercourse with another man not willingly but can not tell anyone, and it was in June 2004 and they say I got pregnant July 31st but how forsure do you think they can be on the due date and all? Please any help on this would be greatly appreciated Im so stressed over it!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 12:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User
Re: Ultrasound tell if baby is black or white

I don't think that there are ways of telling that. If you had sex in June, and got pregnant on July 31st, then it can't be possible that it was the first man, unless someone else knows more about this............ could it be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

My guess would be that no, an ultrasound cannot determine your baby's race. In fact, I am not sure if there is any type of testing is available to determine an unborn baby's ethnicity. Don't rely on the way your baby's eyes looked during your 3-D, even if they are said to be descriptive. It just isn't worth getting worked up over, since it was only an ultrasound. I am Caucasion and the father of my baby is biracial and I haven't even attempted to determine my baby's characteristics through an ultrasound picture. However, there is always that chance that the other man could be the father. This is a hard situation though and it is completely up to you if you don't want to tell anyone. If you're baby is born biracial though, you will have some explaining to do, and people might be mad that you didn't tell them beforehand. I suppose the most important thing is that your baby is healthy, happy and taken care of. Goodluck.

Old 01-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygirl
I don't think that there are ways of telling that. If you had sex in June, and got pregnant on July 31st, then it can't be possible that it was the first man, unless someone else knows more about this............ could it be?
I'm not sure either. It depends on whether or not she actually conceived on the 31st, or just tested positive. I suppose if she didn't conceive until the 31st, then no, it wouldn't make since for the other man to be the father.

Old 01-05-2005, 03:24 PM   #5
(female)

MommyOhio3 HB User

I had my period in July also it was over on the 10th so I dont know. I just hope they are sure about my due date they did say April 2nd now its the 24th of April. So I guess we will see. I am just a mess worrying about it though.

Old 01-05-2005, 03:52 PM   #6
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I dont think the u/s can tell that sorry but they are not always right on the due date? and how far along where you when you had a u/s done? that makes a diffeence too. When I was pg with my first I KNEW the conception date for sure they swore I was due march28 th I said no its march 10 well I had him on march the 11th. So I wasa right which I knew I was. good luckl. and sorry to hear of your situation.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

well..look at the bright side..if you can...at least the due date is further apart than originally given. you really would have something to worry about if they changed it from April and given you a new due date of March! i cant be positive, of course, but it sounds like you conceived in July. March would be 9 months..so if you conceived in June you would most likely have a March or early April due date.....April is 9 months if conceived in July, and you said it was changed to late April.....so I would say that odds are in your favor....but I cant, of course, guarantee that. But hopefully this will give you some kind of relief and something to think about.

Old 01-07-2005, 10:38 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I don't possibly see how you could tell from the pics, they might could tell if they coudl get the babie's blood type, african americans are more likely to have a certain blood type, although anyone can have it, but they coudl tell you who the father was that way. I know they can do that, but I think it can be dangerous.

Old 01-08-2005, 07:41 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

MandyAnne26 HB User

I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about. If you had sex with this guy (which sounds more like rape....) in june and they said that you concieved at the end up july there is no way at all, sperm just doesn't live that long and the dates are not going to be that far off, especially after an ultrasound. If there was a few weeks difference maybe, but over a month difference? i really think you'll be alright.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:18 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

My sister in law cheated on my brother which is white with a black guy. She got pregnant at the same time she was with both. She had many ultrasounds cause she didn't know who the baby belonged to. You could not tell by ultrasound. You have to wait for the baby to be born. Even then it is sortta hard cause when my brothers baby was born she was very dark with dark eyes. But she turned white later & the eyes stayed dark cause my brother has dark brown eyes. I was told by the nurse that most mixed babies have a purplish color about them when they are born. Black or White all babies need love!

Chris

Old 01-10-2005, 09:42 AM   #11
(female)

MommyOhio3 HB User

I just wanted to add that i did have my period in July at the begning of the month. I had my first ultrasound done at 8 weeks and they said that they are pretty accurate when the babys is that young. On the due dates that is. Still by ultrasound it says April 22nd to the 24th. I am just worried to death thats all. Was hoping there could be a way like with the new 3-D ones you can see so much with them.

Closed Thread