It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
Can you request an ultrasound

I am inbetween doctors right now since I am moving across state and my last doctor recommended that I look into having a level 2 ultrasound with my new doctor. My last doctor didn't document anything on my record about me needing one though. She simply advised that I look into it when I see my new doctor. I have already had 2 with my last doctor. Now, I have to go to my new doctor and explain to her why I want another ultrasound. From what I understand, a doctor has to schedual you for an ultrasound, you can't simply ask for one. Do you guys think that if I ask for one, my doctor will let me do it? I can't stop worrying about the questionable things I did during my first trimester. I drank 3+ times a week, smoked marijuana, took prescribtion antibiotics and lotions, ect. I was even taking 2 different types of diet pills since my job required me to stay in shape. Anyway I was wondering whether or not doctors let you request those things?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User
Re: Can you request an ultrasound

It depends, did you have a level 2 yet? You know the sex right? That is usually done at a level 2. If you didn't, then your old doctor's records should be mailed to your new one's, clearly showing that you did not have one. I had an extra sonogram, because I was having round ligament pains, and I know that there has to be a medical reason to have one.tThe reason you can't just get as many as you want is because they are very expensive. I would find out if you already had one, and if not, then you should be entitled to one regardless of anything. Check your insurance policy, they might state it in there also. By the way, I was taking a lot of medication too, when I found out, and the doctor has put me at ease alot. I'm sure that everything is fine.

carrie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 12:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

If your old doc recommended it, I would bring it up with thenew doc. If she gives you any hassle about it, ask her to call your old doc to confirm and go from there. Good luck!

Old 01-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygirl
It depends, did you have a level 2 yet? You know the sex right? That is usually done at a level 2. If you didn't, then your old doctor's records should be mailed to your new one's, clearly showing that you did not have one.
My doctor told me about having a level 2 ultrasound after I found out I was having a boy.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

All you need to do is have your old doc call your new doc

Closed Thread