It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
(male)

Expecting Papa HB User
Prenatal Concerns

My girlfriend soon to be wife is having migranes and gagging a lot what is safe for her to take we've been told tylenol but that doesnt work, i saw on here vicks rub on her forehead. Also saw something called "morning sickness magic" any truth to these things?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
(female)

Mary0114 HB User
Re: Prenatal Concerns

I had the gagging too. I had it throughout the pregnancy, especially when brushing my teeth. If she's nauseous too, Sweettarts help quell the nausea. As far as the gagging, I just lived with it. I also kept Saltines on hand too.

for headache, I'm not so sure. I would first try cold compresses on the back of her neck and on her forehead. This works for my husband when he gets a migraine because it restricts the blood flow. But I would talk to the doctor about the headache thing. By all means though, I would recommend the cold compress method before relying on the pills (if possible). If she's suffering that badly, I am sure there is a safe prescription out there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 02:53 PM   #3
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

I've got headaches every day and have been gagging as well...lots of deep breaths when brushing teeth! I've found that cold, slushy drinks really help - I get those frozen quarts of sugared sliced strawberries (generic brand) and throw one in the blender with some skim milk - makes for a really good strawberry shake that calms the tummy & the milk is good calcium. Ice-pops are great too. As for the headaches, I was always an Advil girl, so this whole Tylenol thing really stinks for me - I don't feel that it really does anything, but oh well. I'm going to try the Vicks though. Good luck!

Old 01-05-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
(male)

Expecting Papa HB User

Thank you for the info Jaybird and Mary I'll see what she thinks of the compress and the vicks rub ideas and go from there anything else I find out I will post here and let you all know

Old 01-05-2005, 03:57 PM   #5
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Well I tried the vics on the forehead last night and it did nothing but clear my nose. Lol tylenol doesnt work for me either. And I have bad headaches and migrains also. If there that bad they will prescribe me vicodine which isnt really good but when your head hurts and feels like its going to explode its worth it sometimes.

Old 01-05-2005, 04:03 PM   #6
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

And I'm serious about the Sweettarts. They help with nausea if that's a problem.

Closed Thread