It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 06:09 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User
ANYONE ever have 4-sections before?

I went to my 1st prenantal apt. today cause my youngest daughter has fifth desease so I had to be checked. While I was there he told me that it is very dangerous to my health to have another c-section my 4th. That it is a possibility I could die during the surgery. He said when you get up there in the 4th, 5th, & 6th c-sections. He said he will have to take a section out of my tubes so I won't ge pregnant anymore cause it is just to risky. I need to know has anyone ever had 4 c-sections before??? Or does anyone know anyone who has died durgery a c-section?

Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 06:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ducki979 HB User
Re: ANYONE ever have 4-sections before?

well hun..not me personally, but my mom had 5 c-sections and never had a problem...and if you were to ask her...she'd tell you the last one was the easiest!!!....and she was 40 when she had the last one...almost 10 years ago!!!!!!!!.
....and just to let you know...all 5 were done along the same scar...the last one...the doc "did her a favor" and cleaned out some scar tissue while he was in there.
she never had a problem...and even jokes that she should have a zipper put in there so they could just unzip her when the baby was done cooking!!!....lol

i would talk to your doctor again...or get another opinion, but i have never heard of the the things your doc mentioned

of course they give you the same old speil about how it is major abdominal surgery, but many people have had more than 4 abdominal surgeries without incident...

DONT let this doc talk you into taking tubes or anything of that sort if thats not what YOU want...find another doc first

good luck and let us know what happens

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 07:16 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

THANK YOU so much! I think I have come to the conclusion that my doc. was pretty much trying to scare me into agreeing to the tubes being cut & tied. I also have crohns desease & I think that may have been one of the reasons he said all that. I was pretty upset about this all day but now after searching on the web for women who have had 4 c-sections I fill much better.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:25 PM   #4
(female)

astw22 HB User

Ive only had one section just this past November.. but I agree with the other poster to get a second opinion.. I mean.. yes it is major surgery.. but look at how many people have multiple heart surgeries.. I would think several of those would be riskier than a section.. however Im not a doctor and do not know details of all of your pregnancies and surgeries. If you are not wanting to tie your tubes.. get a second opinion before being pressured by your dr to do so.. good luck

Married DH - February 10, 2004
DD Avery Born - November 23, 2004

Old 01-05-2005, 08:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

i would be very concerned if my doctor tried to scare me like that! seriously. i think that you should get in touch with whom-ever is his supervisior and discuss this behavior. that may seem like an over reaction, but if he is telling this to numerous women for no reason, he could be really messing with peoples lives. i am NOT personally a doctor, but i have never never never heard of such a thing. tell someone about this scare tactic and get a different doctor! it's your body!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2005, 08:53 PM   #6
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

There is risk with any surgery and even vaginal. If your doctor has been your doctor since the first c-section then I would probably take his advice. You have to understand that your insides are taken out and put back in and pretty much they find there way back to where they used to be. Things do get stretched and moved in there. It is unhealthy to have your insides taken out put back in and taken out and put back in and taken out and put back in....You do get scar tissue in there besides just your "scar". They should have in your reports if there were ANY problems with previous c-sections and then go from there. Things maybe they didn't tell you that were minor..you know "in doctors terminology".
A friend of mine had her first c-section and the baby moved and her uterus moved back in... well.....an atery tore and she did almost bleed to death, they had to give her blood. So strange things can happen rather it be your first or six. I wish you the best and hope every thing turns out fine.

Old 01-05-2005, 09:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

I agree.....get a second opinion. This guy could be just saying that to scare you, or because he is a complete moron - one of the 2..... I would DEFINETLY find another doctor and make sure you tell him or her what this first doc said. I have not even had ONE section, but my aunt had 5 also and didnt have any problems. I think you should also talk to some type of grievance area at this dr office and file a complaint.

Old 01-06-2005, 06:51 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I called my doc. back this morning cause my husband has a list of questions. The doctor told me that if you have crohns disease & you have a flare up (intestines swell & extend) during surgery it could be really dangerous to me. So I guess maybe he was right but having the decision to cut & tie my tubes (even though I had been thinking about it) taken away from me just feels bad that I now don't have a choice anymore weather I can have anymore children. But I guess 4 is enough for us. Thanks for all the advice. Anyone have crohns disease & c-section? This is my 1st pregnancy with crohns disease.

Chris

Closed Thread