It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
Veteran

rach12 HB User
Almost Fainted

Hello me again

Today at work I was standing up for about 30 minutes straight. I then all of a sudden felt my vision blurr and spots everywhere kinda like I was seeing through a tunnel. I felt a little strange in my upper chest also. Anyways I sat down and then suddenly broke out in to a sweat. I had to open my door (it is 16 degreese out). Has anyone else had that happen. Is almost fainting or fainting normal? Thanks raCHEAL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 09:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User
Re: Almost Fainted

I have had that problem a lot lately. One minute, I am fine. The next, I feel like someone cut off the oxygen to my heart and brain or something. I talked to my doc about it and he said that it is normal to a certain degree. It depends on how far along you are, etc - you get to a point in pregnancy when it is just not good for you or for the baby to be on your feet all day long. If I understand correctly, there is so much going on inside you, and your blood vessels and arteries are doing so much, etc that it can get sort of overwhelming all the way around - and there may be some constriction in your vessels for a short time, depending on what you have been doing.

I would try to take it easy and if you feel that way again and it doesnt go away quickly, call your doctor. However.....I would DEFINETLY talk to him or her about this incident at your next appointment.

Hope you are doing okay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2005, 12:13 AM   #3
Veteran

rach12 HB User

Yea I have my first exam on 19 jan. I am 11 weks tomorrow. I will bring it up. Thanks for your reply.

Old 01-06-2005, 06:27 AM   #4
(female)

Juliennes HB User

This happened to me a couple of times with my first pregnancy...
The doctor said it was normal and had something to do with the change in blood volume/flow or something like that. Definitely mention it to your doctor, but I wouldn't worry too much, it's just another one of those fun pregnancy side effects!!!

Old 01-06-2005, 06:56 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sue04 HB User

I have had that, but for me it's hypoglycemia - being pg doesn't help. Your book sugar drops if you are not eating enough.....have you had a blood sugar test as of late? Hypoglycemia is low blood sugar...ask your DR about it.

Closed Thread