It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 09:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (high blood pressure)

Anyone else have this? In my first pregnancy, I did. I was put on bed rest around the 7th month, and delivered a little early. I'm pregnant again, 13 weeks, and am already having a rough time with my b.p. I had an appt yesterday and my dr wants me to do a 24 hour urine because she found a lot of protein in my urine. I'm a little scared, cause I know it can be a bad thing, but I also have confidence in my dr that she will do everything possible to keep me healthy. I was just wondering if anyone else had any experiences with this. I'm feeling nervous about it, but am trying not to stress too much, cause that will just make my b.p. go up.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Re: Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (high blood pressure)

guess I'm alone in this one...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 09:29 AM   #3
(female)

BEcca1978 HB User

I had it my first pregnancy but I did't handle it too well. I only did the bed rest properly in the last month. It took me a long time to recover from that pregnancy. I thank God that in the 3 pregnancies since that one, I haven't had any problems. If you have this again I wish you all the luck and hope you have support from friends AND family. It can drive a person crazy being sick and stuck in bed 24/7. Good Luck to you!!!

Old 01-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #4
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

I have no experience with this, but I did want to wish you well, as I noticed that you felt alone with this. What does the protein in the urine mean? Let us know.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:59 PM   #5

pgta5 HB User

I have a family history of hypertension and mine has always been up and down. I experienced pregnancy induced hypertension in my pregnancy-starting around month 6. (It went up to as high as 170/110) I had a home bp monitor so I could check. I know that you will want to rest as much as you can and watch your nutritinional intake, sodium, water, etc. Try not to stress out about it...as you know this ca make the issue worse. The doctors will probably keep a close eye on your bp and may schedule some extra ultrasounds.

Not to worry you but just to give you my experience, I had to have "stress" testing done every week for the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy and ending up having a c-section. The c-section was a piece of cake. I was climbing stairs and independent 5 days after delivery. Very little pain/discomfort.

I had a very stressful job and was working 10-11 hours 5-6 days a week. I know that the stress played a big role in the hypertension. Try not to worry about it and take care of yourself.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

Thanks for the replies everyone...and thanks Mary for thinking of me! Protein in the urine is a sure sign of high blood pressure. Something about your body makes a certain amount of it, but when your pressure goes up, it "spills" over into your urine. Hopefully though, I can keep it under control...thanks again!!!

Closed Thread